Alps Outdoors Grand Slam Vest

Anyone have experience with these vests? I like the looks of them online, but it can be hard to tell a lot about a product just from pictures on the computer. I like the idea of the kickstand frame. A lot of my best spots are wrapped up in multiflora rose, so setting up against a tree can be difficult. I figure with this I can brush in easily and not have to carry a seat around like I've done the past couple of years.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I personally would never buy a vest I've never put on if I'm buying one I wan to see it in person check the pockets and quietness of it and so on. As far as hard to find tree gobbler lounger would solve that problem

mdunker

Ten Pointer
I have never used their vest but I have a few of their products and I love them. They make great packs.

I personally would never buy a vest I've never put on if I'm buying one I wan to see it in person check the pockets and quietness of it and so on. As far as hard to find tree gobbler lounger would solve that problem

I agree, a lounger would be ideal. My dad has one, and that thing is nice. I don't mind carrying something extra, because where I hunt doesn't involve a lot of running and gunning. The past couple of years I've used one of those folding stadium seats, which isn't too bad but I wouldn't want to carry it any farther than I absolutely have to.

My main issue is I have a hard budget of $80 to work with, and I'm in dire need of a new vest. My old one is coming apart, and isn't very good to begin with. The pocket layout is horrible, and are apt to let calls fall out. With the loungers being listed at $34 right now, that doesn't leave much to work with for a vest. I've been scouring various classifieds and ebay but so far I haven't had any luck.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If it were me I'd get only what I was satisfied with to start and not settle even if I had to wait till next year I hate buying something and after year knowing I should have waited and got my first choice to start with . There will be some spring sales coming up soon I'd wait till then see if I could catch one at a deal may can find one on clearance after season also