Still have the monkey on my back

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seems like I can't get that monkey off my back. Went tonight and Rampage and Bat split soon as they left. Bat lost comms. at .78 and Rampage treed a little over 500 yds.

He had treed a lay up in a big poplar. The coon was laying in a big fork and was a pie shot. I already had it spoken for for someone to eat and of course this would be the one that would hang up. Soon as I shot he hardly even kicked just slid farther down in the fork and never budged again. I tried my best to get him out but he never moved again.

Then it was off to Bat. Figured he was in a hole since he had lost lost comms. and he was. In a stump pile, guess that one will run another day.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Next time y'all will get 3 or 4 and make up for the monkey that's been with y'all.

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Thats why you need to take the monkey with you but get the rascal off your back and send him up that tree to get the coon. Just make sure not to give the monkey a gun, they sometimes get weird ideas when they get ahold of a gun. LOL.

And I'm like ShadyCove: I know where there are a bunch of easy pickers. Wish it wasn't so far for you to travel.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thats why you need to take the monkey with you but get the rascal off your back and send him up that tree to get the coon. Just make sure not to give the monkey a gun, they sometimes get weird ideas when they get ahold of a gun. LOL.

And I'm like ShadyCove: I know where there are a bunch of easy pickers. Wish it wasn't so far for you to travel.
Your too tough for me, I can hack those "hills" up there where you live. SMH

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Ya just gotta take these mountains like the cat ate the mattock, slow and easy, very slow and very easy. LOL.