Georgia bill would extend deer season until January 29th

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
There is a bill being considered to extend deer season statewide in GA until January 29th.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20172018/HB/186

A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Code Section 27-3-15 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to seasons and bag limits, promulgation of rules and regulations by the board, possession of more than bag limit, and reporting number of deer killed, so as to change certain provisions relating to open seasons for the hunting of deer; to provide for related matters; to provide for an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
In nc I think a late primitive weapons season would be good. I don't know that an extended dog/rifle season would be conducive to a healthy deer population. That's not meant as a slight to the guys that hunt with dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
The reason for the GA bill is that a lot of the rut in GA (including parts of the mountains) happens in January.

It supposed to allow hunters to hunt the late rut there.

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
In nc I think a late primitive weapons season would be good. I don't know that an extended dog/rifle season would be conducive to a healthy deer population. That's not meant as a slight to the guys that hunt with dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second that.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Just yesterday a buddy of mine went coyote hunting and had the biggest buck of his lifetime in the crosshairs. He's hoping his game camera picked him up at least.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Compromise bill on the move. Would add 2 weeks to hunting small game like rabbits and raccoons.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Compromise bill on the move. Would add 2 weeks to hunting small game like rabbits and raccoons.

that's nice, but I've been hunting 70 degree weather the whole month of February...not good!....the whole state use to break at dec 1st and close till the week of xmas to new years day.....deer would get back on pattern of moving in the day and deer hunters would kill some good bucks during that time.....small gamers would get 3 weeks of cooler weather to hunt......I miss the good ole days......