Salt law?

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
But if you get close enough to a turkey and sprinkle salt on its tail. You can catch it.....

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I have had turkeys ignore salt altogether and other times stand and scratch the salt block and peck at it. No idea why they do what they do.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No double standard.

Just because a law is not enforced does not make it ethical to break it.

Thats up to the individual hunter whether they want to hunt near salt. NC hunters who put out minerals for deer will have to make that choice each turkey season until the law is changed.

YMMV

Ethicality is decided by individuals. Id challenge you and say there are laws on the books that go against what i feel is ethical. Its tough at times to understand what another person difines as good or bad ethics.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Just get far enough off beaten path CRC and you won't have worry about a warden walking up on you whether salt or no salt...they waiting at gate or in bushes where you parked...you know they lazy and you shouldn't be....and that's all folks.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just get far enough off beaten path CRC and you won't have worry about a warden walking up on you whether salt or no salt...they waiting at gate or in bushes where you parked...you know they lazy and you shouldn't be....and that's all folks.
No, that is called courtesy, if they approached you miles back you would piss and moan about them ruining your hunt. Ask me how I know.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No, that is called courtesy, if they approached you miles back you would piss and moan about them ruining your hunt. Ask me how I know.

Absolutely right!! I've heard people complaining about the LEOs never being in the woods!

Unless they have a tip, a stakeout, or knowledge of an infraction, with rare exceptions there's no need for them to wander the woods on the off chance they'll find anything!!

Better to stay in the truck where they can cover more area and be near their communication equipment.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns

And for the ones of us that follow the law we appreciate it one thing that never bothered me was to talk with an officer the ones I've met while I know are busy always took time to talk for few mnutes and helpful if I had question