Janesville Stripers

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Has anyone done any striper fishing around Jamesville yet this season. I have some guys that want to go on Monday. Any reports from the area would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you prefer to not post for the entire world to see.
Thanks.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
It was a good day in Jamesville. The Stripers are making their way up. We caught a few small ones and a few larger ones. If nothing else, it was a beautiful area of the Roanoke River to spend the day on.

23mako

Ten Pointer
It truly is a beautiful part of the river with all that flooded timber. I have not been down there this year but had a few good days last year. Were you guys using bait or artificials?

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
We were using artificial, white with chartreuse tail, and watermelon seed with some chartreuse worked best through the day. Tons of lost jigs even with use of braided line. We fished up in devils gut most of the day. I think we may have had a little better luck down river toward Plymouth but the wind was blowing very hard and the protection of the trees was needed.

23mako

Ten Pointer
The gut is a beautiful area. Seen the water really rush through there at times. I buy my jigs in bulk of eBay now because of all the snags in there!