First Knife in NC

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Finally got my shop set up enough to start making some knives again. Still need better equipment and always looking. Anyways, here's a tanto inspired skinner. Sheath is temporary until I get some tooling leather. Can't find a local source and like to see what I'm buying in person. Don't like ordering from Tandy too much.
Tanto Skinner
RHC 59-60
Homemade burlap micarta scales with black micarta pins

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Nice looking blade. That takes some talent.

Try Zack White Leather in Ramseur, NC for most anything to do with leather work.

<>< Fish

Dan in NC

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I have been to his shop and he is for real. Do you buy your steel or find scrap steel to recycle?

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Finally got my shop set up enough to start making some knives again. Still need better equipment and always looking. Anyways, here's a tanto inspired skinner. Sheath is temporary until I get some tooling leather. Can't find a local source and like to see what I'm buying in person. Don't like ordering from Tandy too much.
Tanto Skinner
RHC 59-60
Homemade burlap micarta scales with black micarta pins

View attachment 54345
View attachment 54346
View attachment 54347

What do you charge for your knives? Pretty work.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My knives will be $150 and up with quality sheathes.
Ill be doing a give-away on FB as soon as my website is up. I've been plumbing for 20 years and I'm sick of it. I really am. If I can do this full time and pay the bills ill be a happier man.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hope to have these done by mid next week. A fat boy skinner, a nessmuk styled bird and trout, a more traditional bird and trout and a nessmuk hunter.
image.jpg
Don't know why it's upside down!

Last edited:

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
My knives will be $150 and up with quality sheathes.
Ill be doing a give-away on FB as soon as my website is up. I've been plumbing for 20 years and I'm sick of it. I really am. If I can do this full time and pay the bills ill be a happier man.

If you need website help my wife runs her own freelance graphics/webdesign/branding business.

I still have some saw blades you may be interested in for your knife making.

Edit: Those burlap micarta scales look awesome. I just saw them on my laptop and couldn't see the texture/detail on my phone yesterday.

<>< Fish

Last edited:

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Are you taking orders for knives?

<>< Fish

Not yet. I think these 4 are sold. 2 are paid for and I got 2 friends buying the others. I don't know when I'll crank out the next batch. I have a large tanto I'll be forging when these are done. I'm hoping to be up and running with a few knives per week come May. Hopefully sooner.