Last group of the day.....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
at 25 yards with the longbow. First tournament is tomorrow, my arrows were getting kind of raggedy, so I stripped, wrapped, and chopped fletchings(thanks LTS!) for a fresh half dozen. I chop my own natural barred Last Group of the Day.....jpgin a low profile four-fletch set at 75x105 and use Bohning tape on my Bitz with as much helical as I can get and still keep the quill flat on the shaft.

I set my fletching to touch my nose at full draw as another anchor so when they'd set up, I headed to the range to check'em out. The Bitzenberger was spot on as usual. 68" longbow, 45#-46#@30".

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I've never seen him shoot and I'd hold a pie plate out there for him too.....on the end of a 20 ft pole.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Lol, oh yea of little faith....you shoot a crossbow don'tcha? LMBO!

I was shooting a Mathews Drenalin and had some shoulder trouble and bought a Parker Tornado crossbow, you are right about the crossbow.
Good shooting BTW!!

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks buddy. Downeast Archery Coalition has 7 separate clubs from Elizabeth City to Jax and west to Kinston with tournaments just about every weekend until bow season. I shot at Lenoir County Archers in Kinston yesterday. There are two tournaments next weekend, one at Beaufort County Archers in Washington on Saturday and then again Sunday at Pitt County Wildlife Club outside of Greenville.

I really had a great time, shooting with the guys...and girls....again. Quite a few make these tournaments family events. I stumbled a little early on but came back solid with 10s and 12s to post a decent score of 183. John came late and slipped by me by three points, the dog!

But hey, first tournament of the year and all the stakes, trad included, were pretty much maxed out and the scores showed it. I don't recall a traditional shot of less than 20 yards, most were pushing 25. Lol, I was in a group of 7 trad archers and there were a few targets that only got hit once or twice. Lots of leaf scratchin' going on!