Stofger Inc. Shotguns-

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Saw a double barrel 20 gauge Stofger 3 inch chamber like new, uplander model looks as if it has never been fired mirror like barrels..Never heard of this brand before made in Brazil but British design so I read...The price is right on this firearm.. Comments good or bad?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have a stoeger coach gun,,,,,heavy for the short barrels, but seems well made

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I might have mis-spelled the name of the gun, it looks like Stofger stamped on the barrel its very small stamping and I can't see very well anymore..The little gun seems well made, tight and solid..I might blast a couple times with it soon, have to get some ammo for it first..

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Their cheap because their made cheap. They will suffice you fine for hunting and such but will not stand up to any kind of high volume shooting. Seen 3-4 of the stoeger O/u literally fall apart in the owners hands who got into skeet shooting and thought they had to have an o/u to shoot skeet.

Had some buddies who bought the s X s just for rabbit hunting and they did fine.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I handled a stoeger condor today at a local store. It was also a 20ga O/U. The man behind the counter basically said what darkthirty did. They shoot well but they're not pretty and won't stand up to long abuse like a better gun will.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
The one I found is a side by side double..Looks like a pretty nice little Rabbit gun. Thanks for the comments, guess I might as well close the deal on it at my age it should be good for someone else when I make the trip through the wild blue yonder...

Clark

Ten Pointer
Had a 12 ga Stoeger OU for a short while. One barrel failed to fire sometimes. Back to factory, said the firing pin was adjusted. Problem continued. Back to factory, sold gun.