Red Fox

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Trapped a Red Fox today and released it! Very pretty animal! McDowell County does not allow you to keep fox.
First time releasing an animal and it was quite an experience!!
7c0633a1fea2705eff6e030ef6d19d8b.jpg
f9b9d2e5db3adfe2290eff7296e497c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you have the proper equipment, releasing a fox is a piece of cake. Before setting foot hold traps, you need to have a good catch pole because you are going to need it. And you can not just run down to the hardware store and get one when you do need it. It can be done other ways but a good catch pole is hard to beat.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
If you have the proper equipment, releasing a fox is a piece of cake. Before setting foot hold traps, you need to have a good catch pole because you are going to need it. And you can not just run down to the hardware store and get one when you do need it. It can be done other ways but a good catch pole is hard to beat.

I got one! It was just a new experience for me and he wasn't a happy camper!

261e437d3363a66b19c4614301772694.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
That is one pretty animal there bet is was ticked

It's funny, I pulled my truck up to about 50' of the trap. The fox was more interested in the truck then me and I was standing 5' in front of him. You can see him looking towards my truck in one of the pics. Once I put the loop over his head, he could care less about the truck and just went nuts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
I watched some YouTube videos of a guy releasing a wolf and a Mt. lion... nuts of steel!!!

Nice catch!!