shad survery

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well ran a "shad trapline" today,,,,mostly on the Tar,,,,,caught 1

maybe in a few days I'll have better luck,,,,,

at least I wasn't skunked and I have another "river notch" on my shad pole,,,,,,

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Dogwoods are blooming here in greenville. Water temp should be about right and I bet the shad show up in force in the next 3 weeks or so.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Maples have been budding at places here 10 days or so. I suspect they are going to get busted.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Maples have been budding at places here 10 days or so. I suspect they are going to get busted.

the maples here are blooming,,,even a couple of big ones that got knocked down in October,,,,,,,

bet I lose all my blueberries again this year,,,,,,,gonna have to set up a freeze sprinkler system like the orange groves and strawberry fields,,,,,,,,

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
the maples here are blooming,,,even a couple of big ones that got knocked down in October,,,,,,,

bet I lose all my blueberries again this year,,,,,,,gonna have to set up a freeze sprinkler system like the orange groves and strawberry fields,,,,,,,,

I have a peach tree and blueberry bush and both are budding out.....haven't flowered yet but are budding so if we get any serious cold I'll lose this year as well.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've done that too, especially on the ones that are in the middle of no where

deerslayer60

Ten Pointer
The Bradford are blooming here in the mtns/foothills too. It is early,the wife has several flowers starting to bud,she's worried big time

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I won't make it today as I am running to graham/Burlington/Greensboro area today,,,,,but expect tomorrow and Sunday I'll be fishing,,,,,,,I have never had the pleasure of catching white shad,,,,an American is on my quest,,,,,,

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
well today was a great day. Not for fishing though. Got to Spend the afternoon fishing for americans with my son and my good friend Aki which was great. no shad, nothing, nada. But, we did eat at Bills BBQ on the way back. Just walked in the door and got my rods up. 2 fridays we will try again.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Oh man

I'm rabbit running (well exercising my beagles anyhow) in the AM but thought I might head east in the afternoon,,,,,

Now I got to thunk on it,,,,,,,,