Turkey fan

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
I'm not sure but video makes it look good but you pay close attention to video and you realize they've cut a lot out to. So I wander if it only works on really old aggressive birds. But scares young birds?

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
I bought one 2 years ago. I'm not a hardcore turkey hunter so I haven't used it but a few times...but I did kill a bird with it last year. I had 2 toms hang up with a hen in the timber and I couldn't call them away. I was able to sneak behind it to 40 yds. They started getting spooky then, but that was close enough for my shotgun. I'm impressed. I'm ordering the antelope version for my next Wyoming trip.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
I bought one 2 years ago. I'm not a hardcore turkey hunter so I haven't used it but a few times...but I did kill a bird with it last year. I had 2 toms hang up with a hen in the timber and I couldn't call them away. I was able to sneak behind it to 40 yds. They started getting spooky then, but that was close enough for my shotgun. I'm impressed. I'm ordering the antelope version for my next Wyoming trip.

Thanks for posting BLB!

ST8ER

Ten Pointer
I'm planning on buying one at the DDC this year. I had several occasions last season when it would have been helpful

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
They work, but IMO a Real Turkey fan works just as good, or better. I've done it. I feel the printed fans may would spook em easier because of the shine maybe. IDK. Seems a lot of products are more to catch the hunters than the game. Will it work, yes, can you do the same thing with a fan from last years turkey, yes.

I crawled 300 yards across a wheat field with nothing but a fan mounted on a 16" piece of wood I got off an old rake handle. Killed the bird at 10 yds.

Shockgobbles

Six Pointer
My dad killed a bird with a similar product last year. He was walking in a field back to his truck around noon, walked around a corner and saw the edge of a fan on the other side at around 50 yards. He backed up and got the fan out, went around the corner and the turkey saw him, walked closer and boom. IMO they're a useful thing to have for certain situations like that. The one he used was one that you actually put on the barrel of your gun, he also used it to kill one in SC the year before last so I'm pretty convinced they're useful to have in the vest!

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
It's pretty cool that one can just crawl up to a bird and kill him. Taking away his eyes has totally changed the nature of turkey hunting forever, I reckon. I'm not sure I like it though....

PG2

Ten Pointer
It's pretty cool that one can just crawl up to a bird and kill him. Taking away his eyes has totally changed the nature of turkey hunting forever, I reckon. I'm not sure I like it though....

I agree with you Hawglips. I have he most fun calling to a bird and him just hammering away, does not matter if he comes all the way in, I just like to hear him responding...

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
I bought one last year and it worked extremely well on a bird out strutting in the middle of field. This year I plan to use it to take one with my bow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Wow! There must be a good profit margin on that product. A $5 umbrella with a turkey print.

Get a cheap black umbrella and go to a print shop.....I like idea of these but after I saw the price I walked away quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price180

Spike
They work, but IMO a Real Turkey fan works just as good, or better. I've done it. I feel the printed fans may would spook em easier because of the shine maybe. IDK. Seems a lot of products are more to catch the hunters than the game. Will it work, yes, can you do the same thing with a fan from last years turkey, yes.

I crawled 300 yards across a wheat field with nothing but a fan mounted on a 16" piece of wood I got off an old rake handle. Killed the bird at 10 yds.

agreed! save your money and use a real fan...hunters have been doing it for years....no purchase necessary

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns

I agree a regular fan would work, but you damn sure aren't going to see me doing it. I tried crawling 70 yards through a wheat field with no fan, knees killing me, stink bugs everywhere and almost went into an asthma attack with all the pollen. By the time I got to the turkey I didn't care anymore, just felt like going back to the truck.