Senko

Ucla stud

Do they bite a senko anymore? If so, when will they start this year?

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I have a Senko tied on all the time. Right now with all this warm weather fish move into the shallows to feed. Prime time to work one...

ascain

Button Buck
Anybody wacky rig these? I've never tried Senkos much but from what I've read wacky rigging is supposed to work really well. The trick seems to be to use an o ring in the middle of the bait. Do wacky rigs work as good as people say? I could imagine it getting extremely weedy.

Also what colors seem to work the best for largemouth in farm ponds/small lakes? All I've ever really used is augertail worms in junebug color and they work pretty good for me. Didn't know if any other colors performed as well or better in the Senkos.

23mako

Ten Pointer
Watermelon color senkos are tough to beat and yes wacky rigging with the o ring works great.

It can be a weedy bait for sure because of the hook being exposed. It just depends where you are fishing. Keep your line tight if you fish it wacky style because 9/10 times I know I have a fish with the senko because I can see the line moving.

mcg0958

Anybody wacky rig these? I've never tried Senkos much but from what I've read wacky rigging is supposed to work really well. The trick seems to be to use an o ring in the middle of the bait. Do wacky rigs work as good as people say? I could imagine it getting extremely weedy.

Also what colors seem to work the best for largemouth in farm ponds/small lakes? All I've ever really used is augertail worms in junebug color and they work pretty good for me. Didn't know if any other colors performed as well or better in the Senkos.

I love wacky. Assuming the weed and wood isn't too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

To help stay more seedless I run my hook completely through the middle of the worm, then turn it back up and stick the point back into the worm. No problem with hook sets and I fished it in sunken Christmas trees all day with no hang ups.

I'll add that I use a regular worm hook and not a special "wacky rig" hook.

Color is up to you in my opinion. I used gray and white, and a redbug color with chartreuse tail the other day

Last edited:

redbow

Ten Pointer
I fish them Texas on a 2/0 gamakatsu weightless then switch to wacky when they get torn up.

Ducksniper

Button Buck
Two of my fishing partners "got religion" and stopped throwing cranks and other baits in favor of wacky rigged senkos. We typically use 2/0 or 3/0 weedless hooks. On some bites the bass hammers the worm and others are the aforementioned line moving sideways. No bait is foolproof but I and my partners have had good success with senkos.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Two of my fishing partners "got religion" and stopped throwing cranks and other baits in favor of wacky rigged senkos. We typically use 2/0 or 3/0 weedless hooks. On some bites the bass hammers the worm and others are the aforementioned line moving sideways. No bait is foolproof but I and my partners have had good success with senkos.

You have me curious now. When you say they stopped throwing crankbaits, are you talking about when you're fishing specific structure or do y'all use senkos as a "search bait"?