Bird dog guys

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Thought I'd share this. This is my dads newest Brittany - only got to see him on birds at the trainers and was planning to bring him home this month. Never got to shoot a bird over this dog. His Britt that he just retired a couple years back, he inherited when my uncle (dads brother) died right after he got him. My uncle never hunted over Buck, either.

I'll be making a trip to pick up dads dog, "Chalk", sometime in the near future. That's going to be tough. On top of that, I am picking up my new Brittany, "Birdie", this week.

Some things I think you have to be a bird dog guy to fully understand.

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I know what you mean. My grandfather was a huge field trial and English pointer guy. I never see a pointer and don't think of him and especially this time of year with the Nat'l championship goin on at Ames Plantation. I miss that man dearly......

NC Quailhunter

Six Pointer
There is something about a bird dog. Whether it is an old dog that has given you everything he has for a long time and has to retire or a young pup that is full of promise and the fire that promise lights.
That picture is beautiful and does not require any explanation and shows what I am talking about.