Range Finder

darekzman

Four Pointer
Looking for some recommendations and advice. Going to be getting into some long range shooting and need to buy a range finder. Will also use for hunting. What make and model do you use and how much am I going to need to spend to get a good one?

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
How far do you intend to shoot? The max range for a lrf is in perfect conditions on a reflective target, so expect it to have a smaller true max. If you want to shoot 600yards youll need one that ranges closer to 1000 max. Personally im a fan of Leica, my 1200 has never failed me and ive ranged a deer at 930 with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a Leupold RX-1000 TBR and love it but the Sig Kilo 2000 is the best deal on the market by far at the $349 sale price.

darekzman

Four Pointer
I don't think I will be ranging/shooting out past 600 yards. Even that would probably be a stretch. It would be nice to range something out to 1000 but do I need to know how far something is past 1000? I think the price is going to be my biggest limiting factor. The one's mentioned, Leica 1200 - $600, SIG KILO 2000 - $350 and the Leupold RX-1000 - $350 are all more than I wanted to spend. I was hoping to see some replies for good range finders under $200. Are all the "below $200" range finders junk? Would I be throwing away money if I bought something below that mark?

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
I use a Leica 1600.
Very satisfied.
Buy once cry once is the way I looked at the purchase.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
You'll run into issues in low light with the cheaper LED displays. Ive still got a cheaper Simons that my kids use and the first and last 20 min of light it's worthless.