Camp Lejeune is Active

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
It sure has been for the past several days and nights. I don't think I have heard this much activity from artillery in almost 15 years of living close to the Marine base. Heavy shelling has gone on now day and night for the past several days, someone is getting some good training on the use of howitzers..I'm not complaining at all its the sound of freedom to me.. Maybe they got a big shipment of ammo and have to get rid of the old stuff. I just went out on the front porch to see if a thunder storm was approaching our area, no its artillery fire..

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
I was on deployment long ago. A hodgepodge of marine units were on our ship. Weapons platoon, TOW platoon, Bravo Company, Supply, and Hotel 3/12 (the artillery battery for the BLT). Those artillery guys had nerves of steel. We'd all be walking across the flight deck after chow and the naval guns would go off. Us office pogeys and the grunts would flinch and turn and look. The arty guys never flinched or turned their heads. Never spilled their coffee, etc. LOL.

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
Wife lost a decorative plate last night that fell. There was a series of 20-24 rounds that must have had it moving. Been in this house about 3 years now and she mentioned the same thing that it seemed to be most she heard since moving in. Not complaining though at all, like mentioned, that is the sound of freedom and we chose to live here.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
You guys live in Hubert? Hearing it a little here at Knox, but not shaking the house or anything.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I heard them all the way at Harkers Island this weekend. Also so a right big convoy in Morehead on Monday.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I heard them all the way at Harkers Island this weekend. Also saw a right big convoy in Morehead on Monday.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
We were at our getaway in Stella last weekend and they were rocking some big guns all weekend as some of the booms were larger than normal. They even started up at 7:00 Sunday morning and were still going strong wen we headed out around lunchtime.

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
Yep, not to far from downtown Hubert. Wait, is there a downtown Hubert? Friend lives about about 1/4 mile from the 172 gate and said his head was hurting. I work on Lejeune also, new range upgrades are being tested.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I was on deployment long ago. A hodgepodge of marine units were on our ship. Weapons platoon, TOW platoon, Bravo Company, Supply, and Hotel 3/12 (the artillery battery for the BLT). Those artillery guys had nerves of steel. We'd all be walking across the flight deck after chow and the naval guns would go off. Us office pogeys and the grunts would flinch and turn and look. The arty guys never flinched or turned their heads. Never spilled their coffee, etc. LOL.

That isn't nerves of steel, its Hearing Loss :cool: