Very creepy find in the woods

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Please,, ,,,,,,,

You do whatcha want. I ain't sittin out near a hangmans knot out in the woods "away from roads..." put there by someone who might be making either planning an action or making a statement.....just sayin, ain't your normal fella puts a hangmans knot out in the woods, or anywhere else for that matter. Good for tying on fishhooks though!

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You do whatcha want. I ain't sittin out near a hangmans knot out in the woods "away from roads..." put there by someone who might be making either planning an action or making a statement.....just sayin, ain't your normal fella puts a hangmans knot out in the woods, or anywhere else for that matter. Good for tying on fishhooks though!

what kind of statement is someone making putting a noose out in the middle of the woods? Who are they stating it to? The squirrels? as mentioned earlier,,,,more than likely it's a holdover from last Halloween's "spooky trail walk" or some other such BS,,,,,,,

if that's all it takes to keep folks out of a section of woods,,,,then I need to get some rope,,,,,,,,course mine (like the pictured one) won't have 13 loops, so it's not a "hangman's noose",,,,just a rope,,,,,,,

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy

I tied one in the warehouse I was working at as a teen, and stuck my head in it thinking if I'd jump my buddy would cut me loose. The bossman went absolute Ape::donk !! I thought I was gonna get fired by how angry he was and the shade of purple his face became.

I always thought the amount of knots was dependent upon the criminals weight? More knots for higher weight? I guess wherever I learned that I was wrongly informed?

Anyways, I'd have cut that fine rope down as it's not cheap. Lots of good uses for it. It would make a great static line to a lock on! Did you inform the landowner of the property you were on about it? Perhaps they know why it's there?

Waiting for Mobucks to find the pictures on ColoradoOutdoors or something :D

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
what kind of statement is someone making putting a noose out in the middle of the woods? Who are they stating it to? The squirrels? as mentioned earlier,,,,more than likely it's a holdover from last Halloween's "spooky trail walk" or some other such BS,,,,,,,

if that's all it takes to keep folks out of a section of woods,,,,then I need to get some rope,,,,,,,,course mine (like the pictured one) won't have 13 loops, so it's not a "hangman's noose",,,,just a rope,,,,,,,

Sounds like something dumb I'd have done as a kid, except if I had a length of rope like that, I won't wasting it there by leaving it. Going to have to make a little more commotion to skeer me out of the woods.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
The minute you go to untying the rope, someone walks out from the woods behind you, that's what would be going through my mind.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Put a gamecam by it. Kidding aside. Call the cops. Maybe someone is looking to come back to it. Maybe some kids set it up to terrorize some later bringing them back there. I'm sure there's more to it than just someone practicing knots. (Dang! I thought I had 13 coils in there! I give up.)

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Put a gamecam by it. Kidding aside. Call the cops. Maybe someone is looking to come back to it. Maybe some kids set it up to terrorize some later bringing them back there. I'm sure there's more to it than just someone practicing knots. (Dang! I thought I had 13 coils in there! I give up.)

Do this ^^^^^^

Probably a bunch of punk kids?

Who knows?

Call the Police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zombie1978

I believe that if our judicial system would use a few of these criminals would think twice before committing a crime.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
I don't think that tree would hold me if I went to use that rope! It is creepy though! Cut it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
If I recall correctly at one time it was actually against the law to even tie a hangman's noose. Long time ago.

I heard the same thing when I was in High School. This thread resurrected that conversation in my mind, and in retrospect it sounds like something a High Schooler was told by an adult to get them to not tie nooses. I could certainly be wrong though.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Y'all don't know what the hell you are talking about. It is snare set to catch black panthers/chupacabras/red woofs.