adrenaline outdoors

waymoe1

Ten Pointer
Just saw on another thread that someone went by there and a for rent sign was in the window. Was wanting to know if they were still in business.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Starting to hear a lot about small shops closing up or dropping Bows and some gear moving on to other gear or just repairs.

Just not any money in it with all the big box stores and cost of bows that go out of date every year.
There were several that sold a lot of bows at the DDC in years past only to not sell any or only a few. About 5 years back a friend that was selling bows sold maybe 6 to 8 at the show. Last few years showed many but people play then then order on line to save tax or a few $$.
This year he will not be selling any or carry any.

bubba2009

Twelve Pointer
Mark closed the store a few weeks ago. heard that business was way down. He is back doing home building. Mark was great guy to deal with, he would do all the work on our bows for the Lee County Wildlife Club we have a Youth Hunter Program

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, its a tough business with so many on-line and big box solutions out there. The younger guys in hunting today (like my sons) do not understand the that having that "go to" guy is worth the difference in the price. I explained this to my 21 year old, last year, after he took his Dicks Sporting Goods bow to Mark for some help. He completely understood after visiting with Mark. I hope things go well for Mark...........he is definitely one of the good guys around here!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
That just bites. Most folks I know with a bow in Raleigh toted it down there for him to work on etc, without a second thought. It's been a while, but I don't think I've ever been in there when there weren't several people in there shopping.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That is a shame. I didn't take my bow anywhere else. He tuned my bow better than anyone before or since.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I heard about it a while back. Was pretty bummed. Marks shop was top notch and was the only place I would take my bow to.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Is Mark gonna run a smaller shop at home and still do some tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Is Mark gonna run a smaller shop at home and still do some tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He might if you ask him but wide open in the construction business and kids don't leave a lot of free time to run a side shop for the general public.

double

Twelve Pointer
I saw an article a few weeks back about the demise of the small shop. It seems only a few years back a fully rigged bow ran about $1200. People would upgrade every year or two so small shops could stay in business. Now a fully loaded bow cost nearly double that and people are holding on longer before upgrading. This kills the small guy.