Eagle Scout gift ideas

ridenismo

Six Pointer
So i was invited to a coworkers son's eagle scout ceremony here in 3 weeks. I remember when I had my ceremony i received gifts and would like to do the same.

I know the scout is receiving a henry eagle scout commemorative 22 rifle, and would like to do something like a sling that could go along with that. Any other ideas yall out there have?

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Robert Ruark's - The Old Man and The Boy - write a nice note inside the front cover congratulating him.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just me but I would call Buck knives and talk to them.
They will do something for scouts and or just get a really nice capper, hunting, srinner or maybe camp knife and they can do engraving for scouts even leather work. Or someone in leather will have a scout stamp you can stamp the leather with.

He will have it for a lifetime.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I wouldn't know what to give an Eagle Scout. I don't know any except through this board.

I like the sling idea, if you could get it personalized (leather) that might be very cool?

hog&deerhunter

Ten Pointer
Buck will engrave one of their folders with the date and troop etc with rhe eagle logo. Call asap if you want to do tjat because it takes a few weeks.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Dang and I thought the satisfaction of me getting my eagle was enough. There were gifts involved? Middle man must've got'm lol

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
A girl scout..... But I guess these days that may not be their preference.

23mako

Ten Pointer
Dang and I thought the satisfaction of me getting my eagle was enough. There were gifts involved? Middle man must've got'm lol

Haha I feel the same way Justin! The BBQ lunch I got was good enough for me! My dad did get me a book called Legacy of Honor. It was a good read that I go back and visit time to time.

I agree with Moose and woodmoose. Scouting has changed a lot which is a damn shame. I luckily got out at the very beginning of the fundamental shift. It pains me to see such a great group caves to the whims of political pressure.

ridenismo

Six Pointer
I too got out before the "shift" in scouting, i would have loved to have a girl scout as a gift!!! I may give buck a call and see what BUCK can do for me. Unfortunately this scout is not the outdoorsy type other than his scouting activities im afraid, hence my difficulty with a gift.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Get with Eustace or Preston from Turtle Island outside of Boone and send him up there for a week. Either for a class or just to spend some time there. I helped build the Gazebo up there and spent a week doing so. It was an amazing experience.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Unfortunately getting your eagle scout status will begin to dwindle in meaning, as tbey bow down to be politically correct!

Sad days for scouting!

britlab64

Six Pointer
Case makes a Eagle Scout knife in a neat presentation tin
I like Buck idea also
They also have a presentation Eagle Scout knife that can be purchased at your local scout office

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Look at Benchmade's website. You can have a semi-custom built knife made just for him. Lots and lots of options and the option to have something personal printed on the blade. They make for a nice gift.

<>< Fish

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Visit your local councils office/store. Most have a pretty good selection of gifts geared toward the Eagle Scouts.

jgav

Four Pointer
For mine, I received a basic tool kit that I still use today, took it off to high school and college and it served me well. Added to it through the years, but it was a great, and practical gift.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm getting about tired of the "funny" crap you guys are posting in this thread. Just because National has changed policies doesn't call for that in this thread. Either help the guy or keep your hands off the keyboard. Start your own thread bashing the BSA if you wish. Regardless of policy changes, scouting is, and can be, a positive influence on youth today. I don't agree with the changes, but on a local level, it has had no effect on us.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
I'm getting about tired of the "funny" crap you guys are posting in this thread. Just because National has changed policies doesn't call for that in this thread. Either help the guy or keep your hands off the keyboard. Start your own thread bashing the BSA if you wish. Regardless of policy changes, scouting is, and can be, a positive influence on youth today. I don't agree with the changes, but on a local level, it has had no effect on us.

In most places the national changes will never effect the local troops. I can not predict the future, however I know personally having gotten my eagle got me one job. It will always hold value in my eyes and many others.

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns

I fully agree. Nothing has changed and I'm reference to the below quote, continues to offer opportunities and potentially life changes for the better.

In most places the national changes will never effect the local troops. I can not predict the future, however I know personally having gotten my eagle got me one job. It will always hold value in my eyes and many others.

I agree. Had many college courses that I breezed through due to skills learned in college. Also had many employers mention me being an Eagle including my current employer who is also an Eagle.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Ok,,,,,didn't know feelings got that hurt over facts

Get him a high end compass with the inscription "so you can always find your way",,,,

Has meaning deeper than most can handle

No feelings hurt John, but on the local level, it still has positive influences on the kids. 99.9% of them won't be affected.

I find it the same as the military and their changes. Won't stop my support for them.