Skunk roadkill

double

Twelve Pointer
I think 705 from Robbins to Seagrove is the skunk capital of the world. There are atleast 2 new ones everyday it seems on a 10 mile stretch

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
They have been following the groundhogs......well 10 years behind the groundhogs. places I hunted that groudhogs showed up on there eastward march , the skunks were 5-10 years behind.

I find it odd that we see critters moving/migrating to "new" areas? I understand wild pigs, as they were introduced species. But skunks??

Boojum

Ten Pointer
I have been seeing them around wilson lately and I never remember seeing them around here much. Guess the WRC is now introducing them like they did coyotes.....[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and rattlesnakes and black panthers.......:D

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't seen a Skunk in our part of the state at all..Back at Aberdeen Proving Grounds up in Maryland during my Army days the darn things would get under the barracks and fight. They stunk like heck but we were not allowed to kill them at that time..

The only time I see them here in Onslow is the few weeks before and during turkey season. I have never seen one alive during any other time during the year.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
I think 705 from Robbins to Seagrove is the skunk capital of the world. There are atleast 2 new ones everyday it seems on a 10 mile stretch
Yep,there around Westmoore,Bethel church area has had skunks for around thirty years...we used to get into them once in a while coon hunting.

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
This: 100% agree...

Tis the season-the skunk rut. I see more between mid-February and mid-March every year than the rest of the year put together. They get ornery this time of year too, and won't move out of the way for a car-they try to face it down. I ran over one a couple weeks ago and my truck still stinks.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I find it odd that we see critters moving/migrating to "new" areas? I understand wild pigs, as they were introduced species. But skunks??

Yep ....groundhogs were not in alamance co until the 70,s ...they had an eastward march along the top on n.c. All the way over to NE. Nc..

Also when I took my first wildlife damage control class in 2000 the biologist at that time had never seen a skunk in wake co....they are here now but few in number.