DDC/NCH&F meet and eat

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
The GC private dining area was already booked when I called a month ago so we are trying a new place.

Saturday March 4th 7pm at http://www.dscafeteria.com/ at 1177 Buck Jones Road Raleigh, NC 27606

I will get there early enough to try to allow us all to sit together or near each other. It closes at 8:30 so you should be prompt. It's closer than the GC was and looks like a nice place so can we please not wear boots and camo and please take your hat off at the door so we don't make a bad impression. Also, no electronic calls, scents or feed concoction that you want to show off. Just kidding :p. We did that at the first one we had and they didn't throw us out.:mosh:

Last edited:

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've worn camo into the angus barn..... so ..... my money is green...... the first place went belly up. Don't underestimate the buying power of a bunch of red necks

Boojum

Ten Pointer
Didn't realize this forum was all fancy and upscale, I thought y'all allowed country boys in here that don't normally wear suits and penny loafers and such, or don't even own any, for that matter. :).

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
After looking at the options in their menu, I can see that if I don't go online before I leave home and decide what I'll be getting, I will be holding up the line for a while just trying to make up my mind what I want. At least they have their menu for the day posted so I can start figuring a few days ahead. Looking forward to a good meal and a good time with everyone.

Snakeskinner, I may have another couple with me, trying to get the guy computer savy, saying a lot for me, and get him introduced to some of the great folks.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'm gonna do a test/lunch run there early next week. Put both of us down for Sat evening. I'll try to get there early with you and lock up some tables.

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
I've eaten there a few times. As stated before, you go down the line, tell em what you want, and pay for however much you get.
Never had a bad meal there, and they have a wide variety of food.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Me either, wife had a obligation at our church today. Hope to see most of you guys in June.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I'm at the cafe. They have a table for us in the 3rd section. I am going to order and sit down to make sure we get the table.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
DDC/NCH&F meet and eat

Sorry guys they gave the table to someone else. Host said it was for us. I am in the very back by myself. I guess we will have to fend for ourself. It is very busy. I'm really sorry. I thought it had planned far enough ahead but all the available private rooms were already booked. I called on January 17th and someone had beat me to reserve GC private room. If you like this location I will try to get the room for next year but they charge us $50 if we don't have at least 25 people.

Last edited:

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thank you Snakeskinner for another meet and greet! Had a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Adding my thanks as well SS. Had a great time as always. I think we had 25 there tonight all total. I say go ahead and book it whenever you can. If we come up short, I'm sure we can find someone else in the place to make us to 25. I'll round them up if needed.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry I couldn't Make it. I didn't know the shoot would last until dark. :(

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Had to miss the DDC and the dinner,,,,was looking forward to it but other matters took priority today,,,,

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
Great to see everyone again... I look forward to this every year

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Great time with everybody, look forward to our dinner and Conman's get together every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks to SS for making arrangements. If he could talk his wife into joining us we would have 25 people for sure! It was great to see the crowd.