More bear management meetings planned by WRC

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nope and no money for a lobbyist either but think whatever you want to think

Never been to the GA ever ymmv

I guess I should not contact the GA about coyotes and red wolves?
Just a thought, but maybe you should only contact them on something important. Not when you are playing armchair biologist. That way they possibly would take you seriously, that is if you waited long enough for them to forget your e-mail address and not immediately recognize it as one they get on a constant basis.

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
What is illegal about changing the law so WRC biologists can make decisions over baiting?

With what I have seen and heard come out of the WRC is that the biologists and wardens don't make any of the decisions. The way it is set up is that the commissioners can make decisions (regulations) on anything the legislature lets them do by law. Biologists and wardens advise the commissioners and the director but they may or may not follow it. I had a neighbor that worked for them that told me one time that they were told that their jobs weren't to even advise the commissioners but to support whatever they came up with. That was a 6-7 years ago so hopefully it is better now.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
No question commissioners have agendas and goals for their time on the commission.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
With what I have seen and heard come out of the WRC is that the biologists and wardens don't make any of the decisions. The way it is set up is that the commissioners can make decisions (regulations) on anything the legislature lets them do by law. Biologists and wardens advise the commissioners and the director but they may or may not follow it. I had a neighbor that worked for them that told me one time that they were told that their jobs weren't to even advise the commissioners but to support whatever they came up with. That was a 6-7 years ago so hopefully it is better now.

I know biologists that have been informally reprimanded for telling a commissioner that something was a bad idea, or correcting them on an issue.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Well what do you expect when you have 19 positions just for rewarding political supporters?

19 Commisisoners!

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Black Bear Public Forums to be Held in March

The Commission will hold five public forums (dates and locations) to gather input regarding coastal bear management. Up for discussion are options that would change the current coastal bear hunting seasons to align with the new biological bear management units presented in (See Bear Forum Presentation). For more information, email ryan.kennemur@ncwildlife.org.