Gobbling reports

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Not a sound. Spent 45 minutes walking 200 acre property. Nothing on camera either. Up until last season I should have heard 4 or 5 birds. Not sure what has happened.

Welcome to my world...loaded with turkeys since around 1990 and the last two years pretty much nothing...

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I just thought I had the fever...gobbling on the limb, gobbling on the ground, and drumming this am.

I was standing on my high spot listening to birds gobble in 3 directions when I hear one hit the ground 80 yds from and go to drumming...8 more pitched out to him. Besides the drumming, not one of em made a sound.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the ones i messed with in SC in yesterday gobbled a few time on the roost then shut completely up for the rest of the day.

never got a response or heard one gobble on their own.

i hunted until 3:30. like hunting ghosts.

the swamps are dry and i think they are really staying in them on that property.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Heard several this morning till rain started at 0900 the got wet but som them were awful fired up roost and ground

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Went back in about 10 to hang a few cams, heard 4. Killing me...a hen was laying down some of the nastiest cutts I've heard out of an eastern and they were rolling...

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I was heading back to truck and had to stop because of these to boys. I sat down about 150 yds from them as they were heading my direction. Took them a hour to leave.

[video=youtube;7q22gLk3y5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q22gLk3y5s[/video]

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I heard my first gobble today this spring. After 1pm I hear a bird gobble across the road from my clear cut here in Harnett county.

SM270

Ten Pointer
I had one bird gobble Saturday morning I do think he was on the ground he only gobbled one time. Did find a lot of scratching while doing some walking so we shall see in a few weeks what happens.

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
Was driving back from the lease yesterday, about 1.5 miles down the road saw a gobbler in full strut in a field right off the road at about 6:30pm

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
You guys are killing me. Not a sound or sign where I hunt. Did see a strutter off the highway on Saturday.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Found 7 on Saturday morning... two different gangs. Got them going before daylight with a couple soft owl sequences and they started answering each other.

Trying to line up a youth to take on Saturday just so I can get in the woods and make some racket...

(Also I hope everyone isn't out this week and next calling like fools from the roads with Box calls and Diaphragms!!!!!!!!!)

Learning an Owl locator with your voice/diaphragm isn't very hard...

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I'm starting to see a lot of strutting in the fields while driving my rig. I haven't been able to listen as much as I wanted to because my wife is in the hospital recovering from back surgery, but hopefully I'll be able to locate a few gobblers to hunt before the season starts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I usually get out a lot and listen before the season, but I've been so sick from food poisoning all weekend and still not over it completely, hoping I can get out and listen some this week before the youth season starts.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Talked to my uncle this eve, he said they been hollering hot and heavy down in the GA mtns...I'll hear it for myself Friday;)

rodman

Ten Pointer
Seen a nice gobbler with 1 hen on a pasture in SC. As I got by them their was 2 gobblers out of site of them in the same pasture. Both of them gobbled twice when I drove by

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Haven't heard the first gobble up here yet. Saw a few birds a couple of months ago but not seeing hardly anything now.