Bowtech General ?

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have a 2008 Bowtech General i picked up a few years back kept it as a backup bow, I was shooting it a couple years back and upper cam broke (screw backed out) Bowtech put on new limbs and cams i put on new string, think about selling it but most say not worth much so would you sell it or just kept it....i am leaning towards just keeping it and shooting it some, main bow is Mathews Z3.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I had an '08 General. There not worth much today and if I recall correctly, Bowtech actually had a recall on the General's not long after their release for the cams breaking. I sold mine back when it was still decently worth something but today I'd just keep it. It's still a decent bow but I don't think you'll get it's value out of it by selling it. As a backup it would be perfect.

DJinNC

Banned
Often discussed as one of the best hunting bows. Large 8" brace and moderate ATA goves it good balance and accuracy from a tree stand! keep it!!!!!!

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Often discussed as one of the best hunting bows. Large 8" brace and moderate ATA goves it good balance and accuracy from a tree stand! keep it!!!!!!

I have a '08 Commander {long draw General} and it is still the best hunting bow I've ever had. Service it every year, keep the screws tight and good strings on it and hunt with it.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I've only shot one once, but I couldn't believe how smooth it was. I hate to hear about the issues, if not for that I'd buy it from you right now based off my one experience.

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've only shot one once, but I couldn't believe how smooth it was. I hate to hear about the issues, if not for that I'd buy it from you right now based off my one experience.

The reason for the cam failure was me, I didn't keep check on the cam screws and they worked loose, no fault of the bow but Bowtech put new limbs and cams on it at no charge, hard to beat that.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
The reason for the cam failure was me, I didn't keep check on the cam screws and they worked loose, no fault of the bow but Bowtech put new limbs and cams on it at no charge, hard to beat that.

I have a 2008 Bowtech, and between having a good bow shop and Bowtech CS, I can't see myself looking at a different brand.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
One of those center pivots from that time had some definite issues, maybe it was the Guardian? Seems like it started with a G.

DJinNC

Banned
One of those center pivots from that time had some definite issues, maybe it was the Guardian? Seems like it started with a G.

It was the general. There was a recall and the fix was simple. If recall, they put a coller around one of the bolts contacting the limbs. It seems it placed too munch pressure in one spot causing the limbs to splinter. The coller dispersed the force and it worked fine. I've seriously thought about pulling the trigger on a few I've seen on ebay.