Collared Coyotes

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Put that collar on your house dog. Next headline will read Coyote moves indoors!

Noo, don't do anything with the collar. It is illegal in NC to tamper with a device placed by the dog owner (USFWS) to keep track of their animal. Removing a dog collar has placed many a person in hot water. This is a dog, right:D Just call the FWS and tell them you have one of their collared canines, I'm sure Jett can PM you the phone #

ncnat

Ten Pointer
Noo, don't do anything with the collar. It is illegal in NC to tamper with a device placed by the dog owner (USFWS) to keep track of their animal. Removing a dog collar has placed many a person in hot water. This is a dog, right:D Just call the FWS and tell them you have one of their collared canines, I'm sure Jett can PM you the phone #

Pretty sure Eggman was being sarcastic, would be funny watching FWS track it to somebody's living room.

Southside

Ten Pointer
Checked a trail cam today and had a pic of a coyote that I'm almost certain has a collar on. No doubt it's a yote but the collar surprised me being it's in Gaston Co. Not near the Eastern part of the state where the wuff is. Anyone heard of this around the Gaston/Lincoln area? I googled coyotes with collars in NC and found this discussion. I seen it was an older discussion but thought I'd check.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

odie408

Ten Pointer
It's been an ongoing battle for USFWS to get any of their collars to stay where they want them. Outside the 5 county woof zone it's legal to take. You don't even have to report it. That would make a nice mount.

Southside

Ten Pointer
It's been an ongoing battle for USFWS to get any of their collars to stay where they want them. Outside the 5 county woof zone it's legal to take. You don't even have to report it. That would make a nice mount.
No doubt that would make a good mount and good story. Think a yote making the 300 mile+/- journey is plausible?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
I’ve got a buddy working in Florida/Georgia. He said about one in ten that gets collared takes off and never looks back. He’s gps one that went 475 miles in almost a straight line away from where he was caught before the collar died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk