Butter milk creek archery

REDNECK QDMA

Eight Pointer
I was reading the post on Top Notch archery shops. With 4 pages no one mentioned Butter Milk Creek in Burlington. Should I be reading into that being its not mentioned. I know they carry Elite bows. I've been wanting to check them out, just never been. I've dealt with Mark in Sanford for years. I hate he closed his doors. He was a great guy to deal with and very knowledgeable also.

Rc187

Six Pointer
I can't speak for anyone but me.... but I wouldn't waste my time have been in there a few times its comical but the guys I have dealt with didn't know much about archery at all they bashed my setup bad when I was talking about what I was shooting. Then told me I was a liar for what I was saying so I brought my bow in (High Country Archery xtreme 70#s 30inch draw shooting HCA speed pro arrows and broadheads) sent three arrows through their chrono at 420fps then had them tell me my arrow would never pass through a deer which I have never had anything but pass throughs usually 10+ yards past the deer then they told me that any bow in their shop would shoot my arrow that fast but refused to shoot it because they were afraid of the bows exploding after telling me my bow was a kmart brand and what they had were good bows... cocky and no where near as knowledgeable as they thought... just my 2 cents doesn't mean anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I can't speak for anyone but me.... but I wouldn't waste my time have been in there a few times its comical but the guys I have dealt with didn't know much about archery at all they bashed my setup bad when I was talking about what I was shooting. Then told me I was a liar for what I was saying so I brought my bow in (High Country Archery xtreme 70#s 30inch draw shooting HCA speed pro arrows and broadheads) sent three arrows through their chrono at 420fps then had them tell me my arrow would never pass through a deer which I have never had anything but pass throughs usually 10+ yards past the deer then they told me that any bow in their shop would shoot my arrow that fast but refused to shoot it because they were afraid of the bows exploding after telling me my bow was a kmart brand and what they had were good bows... cocky and no where near as knowledgeable as they thought... just my 2 cents doesn't mean anything

What weight arrow are you shooting to get 420 fps?

Rc187

Six Pointer
I can't remember the exact weight it was 5.5gpi with a 55g broadhead

Rc187

Six Pointer
RC all I can say is wow. 420fps is crazy. Not that I don't believe you but that's insane
High Country archery has the fastest bows on the market... every high Country I have owned shot between 390 and 420

BradThomas

I can't speak for anyone but me.... but I wouldn't waste my time have been in there a few times its comical but the guys I have dealt with didn't know much about archery at all they bashed my setup bad when I was talking about what I was shooting. Then told me I was a liar for what I was saying so I brought my bow in (High Country Archery xtreme 70#s 30inch draw shooting HCA speed pro arrows and broadheads) sent three arrows through their chrono at 420fps then had them tell me my arrow would never pass through a deer which I have never had anything but pass throughs usually 10+ yards past the deer then they told me that any bow in their shop would shoot my arrow that fast but refused to shoot it because they were afraid of the bows exploding after telling me my bow was a kmart brand and what they had were good bows... thing is you can get cheaper compound bowstrings at proline or somewhere else. cocky and no where near as knowledgeable as they thought... just my 2 cents doesn't mean anything

I agree. I think time is better spent elsewhere but very interested in hearing more input

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
High Country archery has the fastest bows on the market... every high Country I have owned shot between 390 and 420

5.5 or 3.5? I thought high country's speed arrows were around 3.5 gpi.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Never been in Buttermilk but I grew up right down the road. I actually used to hunt the land right where the shop sits. Scotts , Bowlands, and Jeffries owned alot of that land in that area and I hunted it so I know a lot of people in that area and though like I said I have never been in there everyone I have spoken to that has been in there does not like that shop. Surprised they are still in Business.

Biggin

Four Pointer
Stand up guys at Buttermilk Creek. I haven't have any problems with them . Would recommend them to anybody .