Needing some serious prayers please

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
I've been having some severe health problems over the last two years. I've tried to make the best out of it and pretty much tried my best to ignore it and carry on my normal daily activities. Back in September my doctor decided he was making the decision to take me out of work, and as of March 1st I'll be classified as disability retired. It's not what I want at all but it's the hand I've been dealt. I've been diagnosed with 2 pretty severe diseases. I'm being treated for them, but it's not curable. It has been treated and diagnosed as severe asthma up until about a month ago when I had a bronchoscopy and new diagnosis was discovered.
I'm 36, have a wife and 3 kids. It scares me and really has me super depressed quite a bit. When the doctor tells you that this disease could kill you in a short amount of time of time or it's possible you could live with it treated, (but there's no guarantee treatment will work)

Lung transplant is a possibility but out comes are typically not great with life expectancy months to years afterwards.

So honestly I'm freaking out pretty bad, I'm mad, scared, & don't understand how this could happen to me.

Prayers greatly needed right now

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sometimes it seems that the easiest thing to do is just to give up, lay down, and die, but you're not that type!!

You just gotta keep on keeping on and hope & pray for the best.......miracles happen every day to people who don't give up!!

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
You're not dead until your dead. My buddy was told he was gonna die of cancer. That was 22 years ago and he's still kicking. Stay positive!

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
"I, the LORD, am your healer."- Exodus 15:25b

Prayers sent for you.

Trust in God. He is in control no matter what!

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
You're not dead until your dead. My buddy was told he was gonna die of cancer. That was 22 years ago and he's still kicking. Stay positive!
This ^ ... even these days, the doctors don't necessarily know. And they're certainly NOT the last word. Hang tough.

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Thanks everyone! I'm far from giving up! Just very concerning getting news like that. I have good days and bad days right now. Continued prayers are greatly appreciated!

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
I'm still kicking! Been a rough week...I've never in my life been stuck so many times!! Dr's keeping a close check on my blood etc. showing signs of possible diabetes now. Seems I can't catch a break. It's a possibility that my meds could be spiking my levels up which is what I'm hoping. Gonna try to get away this weekend and head to the beach, might try to catch a fish or two if I feel up to it.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I'm a little late, but you have my prayers, too. Hang in ther and try to keep your head high!!

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Just a Lil update. I'm still trying to remain optimistic. Been having some pretty rough days and then I'll have some decent days. Making the best outta the good days. This morning I'm in the turkey woods with my youngest daughter, wish this wind would calm down a little.

I go for another scope Monday, not looking forward to it at all but it's needed. Hopefully it'll help the dr's figure out a better way to treat this mess.
The meds I'm on now are Spose to help but seem to keep me feeling pretty drained.

Continued prayers are appreciated

Last edited: