Ticks Already

witler

Eight Pointer
Went walking in woods today, got home and had to pick a tick off wife. February and Ticks should not go together.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They have been bad all winter. I have heard of more cases of ehrlichiosis in dogs this year than I have ever heard in my life total.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Went walking in woods today, got home and had to pick a tick off wife. February and Ticks should not go together.

Kinda what Ive been saying about pollen. The pollen alert was 7.8 today. Crazy

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Its funny, I haven't seen a tick on me or my dog since September!

That being said, ticks are to be expected year-round, and with these temps in the 70s for several days in a row, they'll be active.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Ticks are always out there. I have gotten them off me many times after being in the Croatan National Forest even during cold weather..A Mosquito was buzzing around my ear in my shop yesterday afternoon..

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been dealing with ticks all winter. Coyotes are tick magnets. They are big warm spots in the woods where the tick can survive and thrive under the under fur all winter. When the body temp of the coyote starts to drop, the ticks turn loose and start crawling, looking for another host. Makes skinning them fun. I always put the pelt in the freezer for a few days to kill the critters on them before fleshing and stretching. Sometimes they are so bad I bag them and spray insecticide in the bag before I even attempt to skin them.

And occasionally other critters will have ticks but raccoons and fox are no where near as bad as coyotes.

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
Ticks have been terrible all winter.We were getting ticks off the dogs every few days. Don't think I ever remember seeing this many ticks throughout the winter

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Kinda what Ive been saying about pollen. The pollen alert was 7.8 today. Crazy
Pollen is kicking in big time. The past couple of years pollen has kicked my butt. Never bothered me till a few years ago.

Tell to hit the doctor for a pollen shot. They worked great last year.

Sent from my VK410 using Tapatalk

Last edited: