Rifle Package

markandrew

Looking for a rifle package in 30-06 for $550 or less. Includes a decent scope. Anybody have any ideas?

curly84

Savage model 111 XP Trophy Hunter chambered in 30 odd 6 for $489 includes the 3 - 9 Power. Nikon Scope, Google it I have a model 10 Savage chambered for 243 with the accutrigger gotta love that trigger

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bud's Guns online. Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP. Comes with Accutrigger and a Nikon Pro-Staff scope. $480 plus FFL fee at the dealer you ship it to. Free shipping and no sales tax. I got one in a lefty 25-06 and love it!!

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Check out Ruger's American model. I'm sure it comes in rifle / scope combos that are around or under $550.

curly84

This is not your grandfather's Savage

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Check out Ruger's American model. I'm sure it comes in rifle / scope combos that are around or under $550.

Good rifle but baaaaad scope, only package that ive seen with decent glass is the Savage mentioned already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Ruger did offer one with the Redfield scope at one time. Not sure if it is still available but that was a good package.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Good rifle but baaaaad scope, only package that ive seen with decent glass is the Savage mentioned already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which scope was that bad? The only two brands that I have saw on the Ruger package guns are Redfield and Vortex and both are decent scopes. I love my Savage guns but Savage did and still does put some cheapo scopes on their package guns.

<>< Fish

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Looking for a rifle package in 30-06 for $550 or less. Includes a decent scope. Anybody have any ideas?

How about the Ruger American with a Vortex scope for under $500 shipped free? https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/5117

I'd recommend putting together your own package though. Buy the rifle you want and put a great scope mount on it (DNZ or Talley) and pick a scope that you like and suits the style of hunting you do. You will have a personal "package" rifle that you will enjoy using more.

<>< Fish

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Another option is to check the used gun market. 30-06 is a pretty common caliber, and theres a lot of good used rifles w/scopes that just sit in somebodies safe for a decade or so until they trade it. You see good rifles for sale on this Forum all the time.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
You have plenty of time to wait on sales before deer season.
Find a ruger American or one of the savage 1XX rifles on sale around $250-$300.
Then wait to find optics on a deal.
I got a vortex viper 3.5/10/50 on sale for $215 shipped and a Marlin xl7 on sale for $259 including shipping and ffl fee.
So after mounts I've got $500 in a really accurate rifle with a pretty good optic for the price.

I get much better performance out of that rig than one of the package deals.

Happy hunting!

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I bought a Mossberg Patriot with Vortex scope in 30-06 for $500 even about a month ago. It's a good gun, but I'll second curly84 with the Savage 111, about the same price- but the scope isn't nearly as good, however the accuracy was sub MOA. I recently sold my Ruger American. It only had 11 rounds through it and had something go wrong to where the bolt wouldn't close with a round chambered. That seems to be a rare occurance though.

stoked64

Button Buck
Do a quick search on Howa rifles, hard to find a bad review. I own two Howa .308 and they have been great.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
To each their own but I personally wouldnt buy a package deal.
Just about all brands will do everything most people want them to do, pick the one you like best and put a decent base and rings on it.
Then get a good scope and call it good. Im sure if you look around you can get it all for less than $600.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
When the savage trophy hunter packages came with a Nikon Prostaff they were hard to beat. If you can find one of those it would be hard to beat.

lbksmom

Banned
Hi, I have a nearly new Mossberg 30-06 camo stock, sling, Nikon 3x9x40 buckmaster scope. $450.00 Thanks, Jerry 910-652-3169

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
One for sell in the classifieds right now, 30-06 for $300, get better scope and mounts if you like

22LR

Twelve Pointer
When the savage trophy hunter packages came with a Nikon Prostaff they were hard to beat. If you can find one of those it would be hard to beat.

I bought the 111 trophy hunter package in 25-06 last season with the Nikon 3-9x40mm bdc and changed out the rings and bases with a DNZ game reaper one piece base. It is accurate, the accu trigger is great too.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Yeah man. I have a model 11 trophy Hunter in .308 that I bought new in 2012. I have about 1000 rounds down the tube and have killed 4 deer with it including a nice 8 point. The Nikon prostaff is good in low light conditions which is helpful. I liked the scope so much I got a 4-12 for my model 70 300 wsm.

brhc2

I have the savage 111 in .270 with the Nikon and it is my favorite rifle. very accurate. killed my first deer with it (a 7pt) this yr.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Stuff $500 cash in your pocket and start shopping around the pawn shops in your area. Usually there are some older model 700's. Look at the wood. Generally the older models have nicer wood. Lots of older Vanguards too. Check out the crowns for wear, usually on one side from being ground down in the dirt of a truck floorboard. Avoid those. Then save your money and buy a decent Nikon or Leupold and you will be happy.

alexx33

I agree here, I bought the Ruger American Predator in 6.5mm Creedmoor and put on a Vortex 6-18x44mm scope and it's an amazing combination for the money.

How about the Ruger American with a Vortex scope for under $500 shipped free? https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/5117

I'd recommend putting together your own package though. Buy the rifle you want and put a great scope mount on it (DNZ or Talley) and pick a scope that you like and suits the style of hunting you do. You will have a personal "package" rifle that you will enjoy using more.

<>< Fish

NCMTNSHunter

Button Buck
Bought my dad a ruger american in wolf camo from cdnn sports a few weeks back for $269.00. This was bought for a lightweight 30-06 since his pre 64 model 70 weighs a ton and being 75 this is much easier to carry thru the nc mtns and tn mtns. Swapped the 44 mag 3-10 scope and this is a tack driver. They usually run specials like this thru the year and even my local shops couldn't touch it. Factory ammo shoots better than moa at 100 yards and my reloads can tweak it even more.

seedrooster

Eight Pointer
I got the Savage trophy Package in 25-06 this past year. I bought it for a beat around gun but it shoots so good It's all I used this year. I have been very pleased and surprised with the accuracy!!!

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Bought my dad a ruger american in wolf camo from cdnn sports a few weeks back for $269.00. This was bought for a lightweight 30-06 since his pre 64 model 70 weighs a ton and being 75 this is much easier to carry thru the nc mtns and tn mtns. Swapped the 44 mag 3-10 scope and this is a tack driver. They usually run specials like this thru the year and even my local shops couldn't touch it. Factory ammo shoots better than moa at 100 yards and my reloads can tweak it even more.

Yep, go to CDNN's site & sign up for their emails. Usually a good long gun sale every other month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I think all y'all that love the accutrigger are crazy. I can see how it would be helpful, but I hate them with a passion.