Remington Bolt-Lock Recall

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The trigger recall is in the news again. My Remington 700 isn't affected. There was a recall long ago that does affect my rifle. In 1979, there was a recall of Remington 700 with a bolt-lock feature where you have to put the safety in "off" position to unload the gun. That recall ended in 2002.

http://www.firearmsid.com/Recalls/FA_Recalls%204.htm#remington82

Does anyone know if that recall was ever extended? Could it still be fixed today? My rifle is definitely affected.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I don't know if the recall was extended. I'd just order a new aftermarket trigger and roll on. The factory Remington triggers are JUNK. You don't want one.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I don't know if the recall was extended. I'd just order a new aftermarket trigger and roll on. The factory Remington triggers are JUNK. You don't want one.

What is the best aftermarket triggers for the Remington Model 700? If it matters the age, this rifle should be around 1977. I'd have to do a serial number lookup.

gpduxbak

Six Pointer

I had an older model ADL that I was unsure about. I put a youth stock on it for my son to hunt with and figured why take a chance. We did a Timney drop in and it was worth every penny.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
What is the best aftermarket triggers for the Remington Model 700? If it matters the age, this rifle should be around 1977. I'd have to do a serial number lookup.

You can spend a crazy amount on a trigger but its hard to neat a Timney gold on a 700

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Jewell Triggers are by far hands down the best trigger for a 700. Shilen would be my second choice. Timney and Rifle Basix are a toss up for a third choice, but are perfect suitable for a hunting trigger.