Stuff to do in Asheville

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Nope.

Asheville is far more left wing than even those cities.

Its reputation is real, valid and deserved.

Sorry to burst your bubble but in the last 3 elections, Buncombe voted left at a smaller percentage than Mecklenburg, Guilford, Orange, Durham and Wake. Considering the size of each of those cities compared to their overall county size, one can deduce their carrying power within their respective county. You can with very little doubt figure that Asheville is no further politically left than the ones I named above. Don't let those numbers get in your way however. Just saying it doesn't make it true.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Buncombe isn't Asheville.

There are Republicans on the Buncombe BOC.

There are NO Republicans on the Asheville City Council.

Asheville is very left wing while parts of Buncombe County are still conservative.

double

Twelve Pointer
Asheville is as far left as any place in the world. Buncombe County is not Asheville. Asheville just happens to be in Buncombe County.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Buncombe isn't Asheville.

Nobody is arguing that, so don't move the goalpost. I specifically took aim at your 'Asheville is far more left wing than even those cities' and debunked that myth. If you can't follow, just bow out.

No, it doesn't say everything especially if you didn't compare the individual results of the city to those that I named like I asked. Everybody knows that Asheville is Left leaning, but if you compare any sizable city and look at the map, nearly all of them will look the same. You can either compare Asheville to the other cities or be wrong, your choice.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Asheville is as far left as any place in the world. Buncombe County is not Asheville. Asheville just happens to be in Buncombe County.

You obviously didn't understand the logic nor look at the maps detailing the individual results of precincts and city proper. You can be wrong too, it doesn't bother me but Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro are much more left leaning than Asheville politically let alone 'any place in the world'.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't want anyone to call me liberal or left wing either.

I don't live in Asheville and never have. I'm also a conservative to the core. I'm not arguing politics here. Elections is my livelihood and what I do take issue with is the spreading falsehoods for the sake of fear. CRC is good at that. I made a statement backed up by the facts, CRC chose to ignore them and come up with his own logic of 'Asheville is far more left wing than even those cities'. If he wants to debate that, I'll oblige.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
You obviously didn't understand the logic nor look at the maps detailing the individual results of precincts and city proper. You can be wrong too, it doesn't bother me but Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro are much more left leaning than Asheville politically let alone 'any place in the world'.

LOL

Asheville has a reputation for a reason.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Not so, but I don't expect you actually entertain the facts.

'Asheville has a drum circle and few bumper stickers. They must be more liberal than any city in NC'

And it is, sans Chapel Hill.

Asheville is Bernie Sanders country.

Charlotte is Hillary Clinton country.

There is a difference.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
LOL

Asheville has a reputation for a reason.

And it's because people go to Asheville see a dude with dreads, a drum circle, some graffiti, a meth head passed out on the sidewalk and a bumper sticker and believe it to be Liberal central. Not that the numbers actually back it up but you conventionally and continuously ignore what I provided. I can't say I blame you.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Keep trying to claim Asheville isn't the left wing San Francisco of the east many people say it is.

San Francisco and Los Angeles both overwhelmingly voted for Clinton but only one has a reputation for being ultra left wing.

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
And it is, sans Chapel Hill.

Asheville is Bernie Sanders country.

Charlotte is Hillary Clinton country.

There is a difference.

LOL! So now you're providing self-generated reasoning to debunk the actual numbers? You get more pathetic in these debates. It's simple, Asheville is not more left-leaning than any city I named and the stats back it up. Stick to your halfwit logic if you'd like, but spreading fear based on old preconceptions and falsehoods to a man seeking advice about traveling to Asheville, is ridiculous. Like many have already posted, you can go to Asheville and enjoy it without feeling like you're stuck in San Francisco. If you get there and feel dirty, and need a soulful cleansing, The Cove is just right around the corner.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Keep trying to claim Asheville isn't the left wing San Francisco of the east many people say it is.

You think it's anymore left wing than NYC, Boston, Philly, Charleston, Miami, Key West, Atlanta or Washington DC? You could use getting out more.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
LOL! So now you're providing self-generated reasoning to debunk the actual numbers? You get more pathetic in these debates. It's simple, Asheville is not more left-leaning than any city I named and the stats back it up. Stick to your halfwit logic if you'd like, but spreading fear based on old preconceptions and falsehoods to a man seeking advice about traveling to Asheville, is ridiculous. Like many have already posted, you can go to Asheville and enjoy it without feeling like you're stuck in San Francisco. If you get there and feel dirty, and need a soulful cleansing, The Cove is just right around the corner.

Pathetic attempts to claim Asheville doesn't deserve its reputation.

I see more "freaks" in Asheville than Atlanta or Charlotte.

Does that make Asheville a bad place to visit?

I never said it did.

Last edited:

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Alt, no use in arguing with them!! :p

Most of them have never been here and they're just repeating what they heard someone else (who has never been here either) say!

The others think that fine dining is when their local Fast Fare has a special on corndogs at 2 for $1.....:party:

Oh yeah, I forgot Goog.....he just argues to get attention.....or maybe over-compensating for other issues!! :taz:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns

Most of them have never been here and they're just repeating what they heard someone else (who has never been here either) say!

The others think that fine dining is when their local Fast Fare has a special on corndogs at 2 for $1.....:party:

Oh yeah, I forgot Goog.....he just argues to get attention.....or maybe over-compensating for other issues!! :taz:

I guess all the Bernie for Pres bumper stickers in Asheville are a figment of my imagination?

Asheville has been taken over by left wing loons. Admit it.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I guess all the Bernie for Pres bumper stickers in Asheville are a figment of my imagination?

Asheville has been taken over by left wing loons. Admit it.

That's a ridiculous argument because the vast majority of people don't have any bumper stickers at all, Goog!!

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I see more "freaks" in Asheville than Atlanta or Charlotte.

And yet out of the list above, it wasn't Asheville that wrote a bathroom ordinance, was it?

Maybe what CRC determines as 'freaks' should be taken with a grain of salt. The numbers back it up. Your judgment doesn't. If you don't like the looks of hippies, I couldn't care less. To fear monger when there are 4 or 5 other cities in NC you could concern yourself more with, is what's stupid.

Jesse Helms called it a cesspool of sin, Billy Graham chose it for his retreat. That oxymoron pretty much sums up Asheville in a nutshell.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
And yet out of the list above, it wasn't Asheville that wrote a bathroom ordinance, was it?

Maybe what CRC determines as 'freaks' should be taken with a grain of salt. The numbers back it up. Your judgment doesn't. If you don't like the looks of hippies, I couldn't care less. To fear monger when there are 4 or 5 other cities in NC you could concern yourself more with, is what's stupid.

Jesse Helms called it a cesspool of sin, Billy Graham chose it for his retreat. That oxymoron pretty much sums up Asheville in a nutshell.

Fear monger?

Billy Graham lives in Montreat which is its own town and he lived there long before Asheville attracted the lefties, and freaks.

Yes the Cove is on the edge of east Asheville.

Of course not everybody in Asheville is a freak, hippie or left wing retiree from New York.

But a lot are.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

Hell, I'd be more worried about accidentally ending up at Deaverview and Pisgah View apartments than I would be about being acosted by any group I don't align with in downtown. Lol.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I'm thinking that the only thing that scares most any of us about the "hippies, hipsters, libtards, and yuppies" ....

... is that too many of them vote. ;)

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Having lived near Asheville for many years, there's one thing I've learned about the population ---- they really don't give a damn if you like them or not because they don't necessarily like you either!! ;)

And they make some really good Italian, Chinese, Southern cuisine, Greek, Mexican, German, and Mediterranean food & drink!!