Another Military Family Member (Daughter This Time)

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
My daughter graduated her Army Basic at Ft. Leonard Wood this afternoon. One proud dad here!
She will be leaving in the morning for Sam Houston in San Antonio to start training as a combat medic.
HOOAH!
I love hearing my son (USAF) and daughter go back and forth concerning each branch and why theirs is the best.
You Go Girl!

IMG_20170223_141927265_HDR_zpsqdc71god.jpg

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Docs are respected across branches. That ought to give her some banter points. You've raised a pair of good ones!

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
Congrats to your daughter!! My son is a Drill Sergeant at Leonard Wood, but he graduated his class two weeks ago, so she wouldn't have been in his cycle. :D

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats to your daughter!! My son is a Drill Sergeant at Leonard Wood, but he graduated his class two weeks ago, so she wouldn't have been in his cycle. :D

Oddly, she said that she loved her DS(s), and actually the whole time here. Maybe not the location, but the experience.
My hats off to your son. I couldn't do it, and they do a great job!

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Nice looking young lady!!! And a proud looking Dad. I like her desire to do the medic route.

Edit: At least she is smiling while standing beside you.

Last edited:

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
From this old Navy medic, congrats to your daughter on her accomplishment. I know your very proud of her.

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
A big salute to her and going into the field she is, medic. A job I couldn't do. My son hated his first few weeks is Basic, but had a great time and loved his DS's too.
Congrats to her! Much respect from this ol' vet.

Oddly, she said that she loved her DS(s), and actually the whole time here. Maybe not the location, but the experience.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

I recently became friends with a retired DS. He was describing what kind of schedule they have to keep, and I was thinking, no thank you! And when they are done, they get to start over again.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
68w.. make sure she goes to jump school and then request civil affairs, then she will be my student!! Congrats to her, proud moment there