New Job!! And New Gun!

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Well, I posted this in the muzzle blast section before everything was finalized so it wouldn't be out on the open, but now it's official. I have put in my notice at Dicks Sporting Goods, my last day will be March 7th.

On March 8th I start my new job as an Armored Technician for Loomis! I will have a solid week of of firearms training, then start the training on the truck and stuff.

Picked up my duty gun a couple days ago. A Glock 17mos and picked out my bulletproof vest.
b185d3ab196474f2da6cd5ef8e1570cf.jpg

And today I got to put some rounds down range.

This is at 20 yards
d164042c758add062133725e0e66e57c.jpg

This is at 10 yards
97f8905fa958dc8a9afd09ef08f5c5e9.jpg

Gotta say I love this gun! I do believe I'll be picking up another at some point and get the Vortex RMR sight for it.

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

Last edited:

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hope you will like the new job. I do not know how you put up with retail for as long as you did. Retail hours are bad enough and then there is all the crap you had to put up with from management.

Best wishes moving forward!

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I hope you will like the new job. I do not know how you put up with retail for as long as you did. Retail hours are bad enough and then there is all the crap you had to put up with from management.

Best wishes moving forward!
12 years....12 long years, lol. I don't know what I'm going to do having a set schedule mon-fri

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congratz on the new job and per the new gun..............here's hoping you never have to use it!! :cool:

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats again Zombie. Oh, and after viewing the pics you posted, I promise I won't be robbing anything with Loomis on it!:skeerd:;)

Rc187

Six Pointer
Congrats on getting out of retail I'm 7 years in, retail management probably aged 14 years in the process good luck with the new career.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Dude

Eight Pointer
Until I have a chance the try some others, it's going to be a Blackhawk Serpa

Might I recommend a Safariland ALS holster. The SERPAs have a terrible track record and are a safety hazard. They are banned from use at multiple LEO training academies and firearms classes, including FLETC.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Might I recommend a Safariland ALS holster. The SERPAs have a terrible track record and are a safety hazard. They are banned from use at multiple LEO training academies and firearms classes, including FLETC.

Please elaborate or provide a link to more information. Disregard. I googled it and have formed my own opinion.
Thanks.......

Last edited: