Bass on the bed

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Didn't have my phone so you'll have to take mine and my grandson's word for it but walking by the pond this afternoon we saw two nice bass already on their beds. Must be this crazy warm winter weather. Also saw several other beds beginning to look like something is working to clear them out.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I don't doubt it...was on lake wylie yesterday, and water temps were 61 to 66....all fish I caught were in less than 4 ft of water...crank baits and jerk baits...biggest bass was about 2.5 lbs and was in less than 1 foot

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
My pond is still a little muddy so can't see a lot but did catch one bass, around 2#, and 8-10 6 inchers on a beetlespin. Only caught 2 bream and they looked like they had been swimming in Clorox. No color at all.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had some muskrat traps out in a local pond last week. 1 1/2" long fry swimming all around them. Looked like little bass to me.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
We hiked a bit in uwharrie yesterday.
Our final loop took us up on the big rock point on the west side of Arrowhead camp. Guy was there in a bass boat pulling nice fish off tree tops in 2' of water.

It has begun. My bass fishing doesn't start till May when the big smallies are killing it in the mountains.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
you guys are a little late to the party. it began back in january.

catchem while you can, they'll be deep by easter. LOL.

redbow

Ten Pointer
I have some them on the beds in late March. I have also seen them come up and make beds early during a warm spell only to have them back off once it turns cold again, like this weekend. Nonetheless, it is an awesome time to fish.