Slabs were hittin today

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
The plan today was to take one of my canoes out for some Crappie and Bass fishing with my wife but due to an employee not showing I had to go in and work, thus getting home around 430 or so ad too late to take the canoe out.
We decided to load up some gear and hit a spot I thought may be holding a few crappie. We fished for about 1.5 hours and the action was constant with only a handful being small. 90 percent of em were slabs and all were Black crappie.
We used 2 outfits for the Crappie. 1 rod had a 1/16 oz monks pink head with a slider grub and the other had a small cork and spaced 2 ft apart was a 1/16 oz tube jig head with white Berkeley micro power tube.

It was a fun time with a few bream also caught and a couple of small but fat bass caught. We probably could have caught some nice bass and we even had a big bass attack the cork.

The fishing was so good I think I may could of Got Nats Dad on his first Crappie...

We could of had a nice fish fry but all were released to fight again.

North carolina slab crappie.jpgblack crappie north carolina.jpgNorth carolina crappie-001.jpg

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
What lake were you on?

I hit Jordan yesterday and didn't have much luck using slider jigs. used 1/16 oz jig heads and 1/8 oz to cover a little deeper. We were fishing a spot that has produced crappie by the cooler full last spring.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
What lake were you on?

I hit Jordan yesterday and didn't have much luck using slider jigs. used 1/16 oz jig heads and 1/8 oz to cover a little deeper. We were fishing a spot that has produced crappie by the cooler full last spring.

I was at Jordan...fish were in 2-5' of water

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Went Back today with Mark B. I was afraid my Crappie spot bite maybe gone since last nights freezing temps and I was right. We decided to make a move down the lake to another set of riprap and throw Rat l traps and spots on the Sunny side of the Riprap. In about an hour we each caught maybe 5 bass on the lipless cranks. Not a monster I am posting but heard from others it was a tough bite today so we were happy with 10~ Bass. We also got to see a nice sunset so it was an awesome day.

North Carolina Largemouth Bass.jpg20170226_180055.jpg

Last edited: