Deer Classic...what you looking to buy?

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
I go about every year and usually have something on mind to look for or buy. Bought a turkey seat few yrs back that is no longer made and best investment I ever made for turkey hunting. Have found some turkey calls in years past and that is something I want to see/hear worked before purchasing. Bought my first Mathews bow at the show back in the 90's when they first hit the market. My son told me 'Dad, if you pick up that bow you will buy it'...well, I got in line and put my hands on it. Think about $400...top of line back then. Saw Muck boots up there when they first came out. And Summit tree stands...remember when they came out with that cable to go around tree and how quiet they are to attach/set up...oh, just had to have one of them. You know, we all like a kid in a candy store when it rolls around every year and guess that is good thing for us guys that are getting on up there. Think I like to go to here the guys working the turkeys calls and dream of those mornings not too far off of that old gobbler that gave me the slip, or those bucks hanging on the walls....and you know, just dreaming like us kids do. Better enjoy it while we can...while we are still kids.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I'll be looking at a few slate calls, maybe a crow call.... other than that I'll just pick up a few raffle tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Looking an ATV and looking a boat.

hope I find both there or soon, yet Seaark has a backlog of ordereds so if I order I know it will take several months.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like some NWTF local chapter needs to put together an annual NC Turkey Classic Expo.
Yes they do, that way the years I'm able to go to the DDC I don't have to hear people trying out calls all day.

I know it's a personal thing but the only thing more annoying than a Turkey call is a Duck call.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
LOL....... that's exactly why I put that up. I knew there were a number of folks that felt that way. Thanks for the support.

ST8ER

Ten Pointer
I was going to buy a Turkey Fan but my buddy told me that he didn't see them there this year.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yes they do, that way the years I'm able to go to the DDC I don't have to hear people trying out calls all day.

I know it's a personal thing but the only thing more annoying than a Turkey call is a Duck call.

ditto,,,,,,,,,

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Just talked to a friend who was there today and he said he saw them there.

I blew that one....... that is in response to the post re. turkey fans.

Last edited:

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Turkey fans were in the back left of the Expo building (where they do all the scoring). Their booth wasn't getting much traffic.

NC livin

If I go I would like to pick up some 20ga Winchester Longbeard shells. That is if I can find some.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
TravisLH, you got that deer at Classic? What county? Believe he would go higher than the 133 5/8 you said he scored. Years ago I took one up there that scored more than I had come up with, maby that will be your case. Will be looking for him...planning on going today. Try to get some Longbeard shells on a bargain and good pair of real light weight rubber boots for turkey hunting. Been romping these hill in Mucks for yesrs now and got to be something lighter out there.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Your best bet for Longbeard shells is get them from a big box store. Everyone was asking top dollar yesterday. There is also a rebate available.

The 20g haven't shipped from Winchester yet, from what I've been reading.

Last edited:

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Your best bet for Longbeard shells is get them from a big box store. Everyone was asking top dollar yesterday. There is also a rebate available.

The 20g haven't shipped from Winchesteryet, from what I've been reading.

Agreed. I back-ordered some from Cabelas with a March 30th estimated ship date.

ST8ER

Ten Pointer
a4bf4beb7366809fd85d3ccdd517ac9f.jpg

I found them. They were in a different location from last year.....

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
TravisLH, you got that deer at Classic? What county? Believe he would go higher than the 133 5/8 you said he scored. Years ago I took one up there that scored more than I had come up with, maby that will be your case. Will be looking for him...planning on going today. Try to get some Longbeard shells on a bargain and good pair of real light weight rubber boots for turkey hunting. Been romping these hill in Mucks for yesrs now and got to be something lighter out there.

I wanted to bring him but he's still at the taxidermist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Took my nephew yesterday (Fri) afternoon. A "know-it-all" and a kid only interested in touching every gun on every table, his lack of interest outside of Dorton left me unsettled. I didn't take the time to stop at as many booths as I normally do.

I did buy a framed print with the pegs on the lower frame rail for my son's room.

I LOVED the metal can art booth. Not sure what you call it. This couple took old cans, tackle boxes, tool boxes, etc., cut out a wildlife scene and put Christmas lights inside. They were beautiful. If I had $200 on me, I'd have bought an Evinrude gas can.

If someone can tell me the name of their business, I'd appreciate it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hawkman

Eight Pointer
How much were the large turkey fans that you hold and hunt behind? They were huge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk