Permit results are in

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Hard to believe I actually drew a permit for turkey I put in for only 2nd time ever and I've put in a ton its later season date but I'll take it. The NC leg of my spring season just got little brighter. My kid struck out on all 5 choices which does suck though

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Hard to believe I actually drew a permit for turkey I put in for only 2nd time ever and I've put in a ton its later season date but I'll take it. The NC leg of my spring season just got little brighter. My kid struck out on all 5 choices which does suck though

good for you turkeyfoot. Congratulations.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
good for you turkeyfoot. Congratulations.

I had to read the thing 4 times so used to seeing "not selected" now gonna have to save 1 tag till 22nd weekend but I'll gladly do it there are just some places a person really wants to hunt. Must been lot kids applying surprised my kid struck out on later dates

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Zero for my son and I during regular season. I was able to snatch up a youth permit for my son and daughter in the leftovers tho.

I got Singletary Tract the week of 5/4-5/6. Struck out last four years in the drawing. I guess a late week is better than no week.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Only put in for one draw but was selected for my first choice. Last year was my first year applying for a turkey draw hunt and it was a great hunt even though we didn't get to pull the trigger. This draw hunt is shaping up to be one of my favorite weekends of the season.

chef

Ten Pointer
got butner april 13th. first time applying. beginners luck i suppose.

my next thread:
any suggestions on turkey spots in the butner/falls gamelands. lol

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well zugged out on permit hunts,,,,,,,,may have to make a trek to the gamelands/forest that have less limitations,,,,

FYI - lots of youth permits left over,,,,,,,

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My son got his youth week as usual, he and I got youth/adult on opening day, and I got my first choice. Was a good draw for me

30/06

Twelve Pointer
No love here, 2 years in a row no swan permit, no turkey either. NC is getting too populated!!!!! Have plenty of birds at the club, guess I'll make a longer trip to KY.

Last edited:

chef

Ten Pointer
in all seriousness, i am actually looking for some advice for Butner Falls. Not specifically where to hunt, more where to eliminate. I was thinking of the Durham side by Cheek Rd. I have hunted private land out that way and know the turkeys are in the gamelands. My question is where are the spots on the map that look like good spots but are really busy with non-hunters? I plan on scouting etc but if anyone wants to offer some info on places to cross off because my hunt will likely be ruined, I would appreciate it.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got two on the same gameland back to back, and zilch on a second game land. There are plenty of Youth and Youth/Adult left over permits available.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I got two on the same gameland back to back, and zilch on a second game land. There are plenty of Youth and Youth/Adult left over permits available.

to me that back to back deal is the ultimate draw.gives you time to figure them out.
Congratulations.

benelli

Four Pointer
Got Chatham/Harris Game Land April 27-29.

I have got NO IDEA where to go for that draw. If someone has some good tips of where some birds are known around there I would be eternally grateful. I've hunted Jordan before with success... but didn't get the draw for any weekends for that.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got Chatham/Harris Game Land April 27-29.

I have got NO IDEA where to go for that draw. If someone has some good tips of where some birds are known around there I would be eternally grateful. I've hunted Jordan before with success... but didn't get the draw for any weekends for that.

I have never been on that GL but the Tip I would give you is the same.. boot leather.. the only way you ever figure a place out is to scout it. I will spend a lot of time on the GL I drew and I have hunted it several times before.

NC livin

Chef I can help you out with were you might check but don't have the post to send a PM yet. If you can PM me I will tell you.

strommin

Spike
I put in for two permit hunts and haven't received anything. If your not drawn do you still get an email?

chef

Ten Pointer
Chef I can help you out with were you might check but don't have the post to send a PM yet. If you can PM me I will tell you.

It won't let me. Maybe your post count or a setting you have checked? There are some funky rules on this forum.