Dixie Classic Deer Heads

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
Hey guys and gals, due to my daughter's March 3 Birthday, I hardly ever get to come to the DDC on Saturday when all best deer heads are there. I love seeing what was killed all over NC. If any of you who are there wouldn't mind posting a pic or two of some of the good ones, it be awesome for all us folks who can't make it to Raleigh.

ST8ER

Ten Pointer
33c1e9a53c9da43d35e81a9564bdbbc0.jpg

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I want to say that guy killed another nice one last year too.
I was told the one pictured was killed not to far from the Northampton County line.
Either way its a pure mack daddy of a buck!

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
No pics here, but there are some seriously good deer, sporting some seriously awful taxidermy...

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
No pics here, but there are some seriously good deer, sporting some seriously awful taxidermy...

I haven't been in a few years, but bad taxidermy has always been there. I wish they would allow taxidermists to advertise a small little card under the mount. That would be great.

Taximan

Four Pointer
Being a taxidermist I wanted to make the point about the taxidermy work on these great deer but knew if I did someone would take it wrong. Thank you QBD2 for pointing this out so I feel safe in agreeing with you(lol). Every time I attend these deer shows I ask myself why someone would kill the deer of a lifetime and have it mounted so poorly. I guess it is because a lot of hunters see no further down than the antlers. As a taxidermist I can't help but be the opposite. I have a tendency to look at the mount first.

agreenchicken

Ten Pointer
Being a taxidermist I wanted to make the point about the taxidermy work on these great deer but knew if I did someone would take it wrong. Thank you QBD2 for pointing this out so I feel safe in agreeing with you(lol). Every time I attend these deer shows I ask myself why someone would kill the deer of a lifetime and have it mounted so poorly. I guess it is because a lot of hunters see no further down than the antlers. As a taxidermist I can't help but be the opposite. I have a tendency to look at the mount first.
I agree as well. Mind blowing

duckmauler

Eight Pointer
Another vote for the awful taxidermy. Never seen such crazy liking eyes... I'd be devastated to pick a few of them up..

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Another vote for the awful taxidermy. Never seen such crazy liking eyes... I'd be devastated to pick a few of them up..

I'm sure some of those boys don't know what good taxidermy looks like, or they don't want to spend but $250.....I had a fellow club member recommend his "guy" and showed me the pics of his son's prized .9pt that he did for em. I felt bad for the kid..... I've seen walleyes with straighter peepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

The antlers are already done for you. Recreating the animal with quality, long lasting work is what taxidermy is all about.

Last edited:

ST8ER

Ten Pointer
I want to say that guy killed another nice one last year too.
I was told the one pictured was killed not to far from the Northampton County line.
Either way its a pure mack daddy of a buck!

You are correct. I was told it was only about 10 minutes from our clubhouse that is right near the VA border.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
You are correct. I was told it was only about 10 minutes from our clubhouse that is right near the VA border.
Yeah your right.....there has always been some good ones killed around that area. When I was in the club next to y'all they killed some good ones there too.