Wildgame Dinner

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Hey LDsoldier........... how about posting that flyer. I lost my copy. Still a few weeks out but maybe some folks will put it on their calendar. I know NCSt8 should attend since there is no limit on food and there is always plenty.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I always enjoy attending things like this. There used to be a few around my hometown but I'm. It sure if they still happen.

Where is this one located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
It is between the Fairgrounds in Raleigh and Cary, I think at the Rotary club. Sponsored by the NC State Wildlife Club. LD has a flyer on it whenever he checks back in. Sometime the last of this month I think.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I knew you would smell food sooner or later. Found where the wife had marked it on the calendar. Saturday the 25th. We'll wait for more specifics from LDsoldier. He's got the flyer. If you go home hungry from that one something is way wrong.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for the reminder. NCSU Wildlife Club's Wild Foods Supper will be at the Cary VFW on March 25. It's a great time, come one, come all!

2017 Wild Foods Supper.jpg

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
I'll be working that day but would like to attend after (if I'm out on time). What time does the event go till?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I ate till I thought I would explode. We left around 8:00 and they were still bring out more food and new items. I'll be there bringing one friend for his first time and I believe one other forum member I've invited is supposed to attend.
And if you have anything you would like to bring to donate for the Silent Auction I'm sure they will appreciate anything. I'll be taking a few turkey items.

Last edited:

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
It's all mystery meat! Lol. A couple of years ago we found a tray of dove poppers they forgot to bring out. They didn't last long once we discovered them…

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I know of at least 5 of us that will be attending. I plan on getting there as close to 5:45 as I can. The tables are set up in long rows but if anyone wants to chime in as planning on attending, I'll try to corral the appropriate number of seats to try and get us all together.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I think I'm available that weekend. I find out for sure in the next few days. If so, I'm sooooo there!!!!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Great. Hope it works out. But wait....... I'll have to check but I think they had a dessert contest last year. I just know one of your wife's specialties would be in the running.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm just upset they started doing that after I graduated and left the Raleigh area

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Great. Hope it works out. But wait....... I'll have to check but I think they had a dessert contest last year. I just know one of your wife's specialties would be in the running.[/QUOTE]

if that happens I will cancel all other plans to attend, please keep me posted!!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'm just upset they started doing that after I graduated and left the Raleigh area

Sounds like a good excuse to come back and see what has been happening.
I don't have any connection with the club or State but feel like it is a good way to support the kids who will possibly be aiding the wildlife programs in the state in the future. Not to mention getting a good meal in the process.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like a good excuse to come back and see what has been happening.
I don't have any connection with the club or State but feel like it is a good way to support the kids who will possibly be aiding the wildlife programs in the state in the future. Not to mention getting a good meal in the process.

The more the merrier! The beer is extra, though....

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Looking forward to meeting you Arrow Slinger. Maybe you can get NCState to run with you. I'd love to participate.......... I'll volunteer to work a water station.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
If the MRS makes (2) desserts, do we both get a discount?!?!

LOL, Im just kidding, I need for us both to pay full admittance. If we don't, and many others, it'll be seen as financially not viable for future endeavors.

C52

Eight Pointer
I know of at least 5 of us that will be attending. I plan on getting there as close to 5:45 as I can. The tables are set up in long rows but if anyone wants to chime in as planning on attending, I'll try to corral the appropriate number of seats to try and get us all together.

Looks like I'll be able to make it. My son will be with me also. If there is room, I"d like to sit with you guys too.