Wildgame Dinner

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
TTT for Sat. night. Looks like about 10 counting my group so I'll try to grab at least that many seats together if I can. Anyone other than those already posted shout out so I can make sure to get enough seats together. Doors open at 5:45...... eats at 6:30. Flyer in an earlier post by LDsoldier.

I'll be there but I've got arrangements to sit with the other guys in the wildlife club with me. Didn't get to go last year but I'm looking forward to it.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
I'll be there with my crew. Shout-out to the Wildlife Club. They just got back from Conclave and took 2nd overall, 3rd in team field, and 1st in rifle! GO PACK!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
We plan on being there after the MAGA downtown event in Raleigh.

If I'm bring the MRS plan on 7-8 hours late :mad:

If I'm alone, I'll be early, and most of you will go home hungry!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
NCST8.......... it will be entertaining to see exactly how much you will eat tonight. LOL.
You guys can look for an HCH&F decal on a table if I get there before you do. If some of you beat me there and already have a spot, holler at the tall, bearded, strange looking dude when I walk in if you aren't ashamed to share a table.

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Can't pull it up Ld. Try again. I'm bringing a turtle shell call, wingbone call, deer antler turkey tote and a antler necklace for the silent auction.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Well be there. The Mrs is noteriously late so I told her it was at 3pm. But, she will not be making desserts :(

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was hoping to make it tonight but my Mother-in-law is back in the ER. Y'all have fun and eat some mystery meat for me.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Dang Ld. I came within an ace of having them page you on the PA. We had 9 at the second table from the food. Had a great time visiting and overeating as always. I came away with 3 of the silent auction items so the billfold is light but it was for a good cause. Maybe next year we'll be a little better organized.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Dang Ld. I came within an ace of having them page you on the PA. We had 9 at the second table from the food. Had a great time visiting and overeating as always. I came away with 3 of the silent auction items so the billfold is light but it was for a good cause. Maybe next year we'll be a little better organized.

Haha. My family and I actually sat at that table for a minute till we saw a couple of friends from church I had invited and went to sit with them. Did you try the bobcat? Those beaver tacos were awesome!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Very Epic Evening!

Live bluegrass, LOTS of people, LOTS of things to bid on, and MORE FOOD than 3 times the attendees could eat! The MRs counted, she ate from goose, elk, duck, deer, fish, hog, dove, Swan, coon, and Beaver. And then she had dessert!!!

Do you have ANY idea what that menu on a plate (or 3) in front of you would cost at a restaurant?!?!?! $ Thousands!!!

Add to that the inclusion of meeting some forum celebrities in person, and making new friends, PLUS everyone giving ME their beer tickets :confused:, and it was an awesome evening!!

I took pics, but I don't have the energy to email them to myself, then host them, then link them.

I WILL be there next year I almost guarantee!!

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
They had dove, duck, goose, and swan poppers. Add in the elk sliders and bear meatballs and I was in heaven.

C52

Eight Pointer
The bobcat, beaver tacos, bear meatballs, rabbit dressing just to name a few of the things I really enjoyed. It was great meeting you guys. Lasttombstone, thanks for posting this and getting us a spot at your table. My son and I are both looking forward to doing it again.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Nice meeting y'all as well C52. Always good to meet new !!rum members. I had a ball as well. I can't begin to pick a favorite from the meal. I heard a number of folks say "Bobcat?" but if QBD had been there I don't think he would be trashing that meat from next years trapline. All of the beaver was good and the bear stroganoff (sic?) was outstanding. And another thumbs up on the rabbit dressing. Excellent!! I was fortunate to come away with a Leatherman tool from the silent auction as well as a couple of other items that I probably won't keep but will offer them here for cost (really cheap) for anyone interested. One is a skull mount I only paid $25 for and the example there was very good. I doubt if I will get anything next year worthy of keeping and a neat framed photo of a grouse displaying for $20. I know one of the avid grouse hunters on here would love to have that. If I see a deal and feel someone who wasn't around might want it, I'll pick it up and try to pass it along. Certainly looking forward to next years dinner.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
It is usually around the last Sat. in March. I'm sure there will be a new post started on here about a month in advance. Hope you can make it.