Traditional Archery 3D Shoot, Burlington, NC 3/18/2017 8am

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Does 8am until 4pm mean that's how long it takes to shoot the course? ... or is that just the window that folks can shoot? Also, what is the farthest target? The reason I ask is not to cheat, but I haven't practiced much with my 50 lb recurve yet, and have no time from now until Saturday to do so. Only been using my 30 lb lately.

Also, can you provide a link with rules, cost, etc ...? ... that I can click on without 'joining' anything or setting up an account?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Just come on out Greg and have some fun. That is the number one rule. Typically the course can be shot in about 1.5 hours if you don't shoot too much bull between targets with those who are shooting with you. A fun round for no score is just $10. We usually start picking up targets after 4pm, so be out on the course no later than 2pm. If you want to compete with others, the scoring round is just $12.

$10 gets you as many rounds as you can handle. So does the $12, but the first round is your scoring round.

We are on facebook. Look up Barefoot Traditional Archers. Joining our club is optional. Membership is $55 a year which includes membership in NCBA (for insurance purposes). You do not have to be a member to shoot.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Thanks, Bud. What type (s) of bows are "legal"?

Greg - it's a traditional shoot, so longbows, recurves, and Mongolian horse bows all meet the criteria!!

Highly recommend this shoot - great layout, lots of fun, some challenging shots on that iron man (don't count on keeping that one arrow!!), and a GREAT group of folks

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Yep. Stickbows only.

I have a 30lb recurve, RH, that anyone can borrow. Arrows, too. Just bring a glove and armguard if you need it. I have a 40lb LH recurve also.

If anyone would like to attend but does not have a stickbow, please respond here and I will ensure I bring these two bows. I have a RH kids bow also that I can bring.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks. I shoot USA / JOAD / NFAA and they can get picky about what bow 'qualifies'.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
it's a pretty laid back 3D shoot,,,,as long as it's traditional I don't think they care - but check with Bud B to make sure,,,,,,I'm just an archery interloper up there!!

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'll be there but don't know anyone. Is Jeff C. A member there? He works for a large home builder.