Hot sauces? Favorites?

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
any & all of them.......My daughter-in-law , brought some back from Belize in the fall.......best I've ever tasted.......only thing is she only brought the 1 bottle.....:(

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm preferring the Thai sauces to most of the vinegar and pepper mixes as I get older and my tastes are changing. When I was younger it was all about the heat, now it's about flavors complementing the food.
I grew a huge bush of Thai Scorpions this past year, and those made a good pepper sauce but it was just too hot to enjoy.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Blair's After death. it is hot. A drop in a pot of chilli does the trick. It has good flavor a lot of others I have tried are as hot or hotter but do not have as good of a taste. They make a few different levels.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Rhode island red is one i really like. Its not super hot, but very complimenting to various foods.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
my favorite that i cant find now was Joe's Hell Sauce.

If anyone knows of it or it's modern day equivalent i would appreciate it.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I like most but my go to one is Tabasco smoked Chipotle. Love it on fresh cantaloupe.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't have "one" favorite,,,,I have many,,,,,,,depends on what I am eating,,,,,,,,

texas pete is always good,,,,especialy with my breakfast,,,,,,,

love Sriracha,,,had some with my Pho' today at lunch,,,,,,,

the "Kickin' some Mass" sauce is real good,,,,,made with a chipotle flavor,,,,,,,

I use green chile sauce a lot lately as well,,,,,,,

bottom line, my lunch breakfast/lunch table in the kitchen has a lazy susan with 7-10 sauces on it most times,,,,along with my red pepper flakes and the ground red pepper,,,,,,for me the food drives what sauces/flavors are added, not the other way around

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
:donk:donk:donk Blaster is my favorite "HOT" hot sauce. My go to on most days is Texas Pete.

Last edited:

92xj

Eight Pointer
Homemade Fresno sauce. Greatest I'm the world. Ridiculous flavor, awesome heat, just an amazing pepper.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Best I've ever had was something called chicken sh**. I figured it to be a joke when I saw it but actually very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I got a bottle of "Kilauea Fire Hawaiian Style Hot Sauce" as a gift and it is now my favorite. Perfect mix of flavor and heat. Has a hint of sweetness followed by a building heat.

There is also a Korean red pepper paste that I can only find at the Asian market store off Atlantic Ave that is fantastic. It goes great on vegetables. I can't type the Korean letters that are on the label so I don't know what it is called.

Edit: Here is a pic of the Korean paste: Good stuff!

Last edited:

Boojum

Ten Pointer
I make my own habanero and jalapeno and serrano sauces and jerk marinades. Joe's Hell Sauce is good, but for general cooking use, I go through a ton of Crystal and a good bit of Sriracha. I like Tabasco on my eggs or omelets. Crystal to me is the perfect all-around flavor profile for marinades, cooking, and such.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Texas pete is my fav but I do eat some very hot stuff otherwise.

Try texas pete "Hotter" hot sauce. Had a suprising kick and after bite