Home seller's rant.....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
LMBO! This place sold 3 times in 30 days. HTH does that happen? Back on the market yesterday morning, two buyers fighting, cash offer this morning. Close in ten days. It's just freakin' wild....

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
LMBO! This place sold 3 times in 30 days. HTH does that happen? Back on the market yesterday morning, two buyers fighting, cash offer this morning. Close in ten days. It's just freakin' wild....

I'll say the same thing I told Mom when her house sold in 36 hours, with 3 offers...

"Sold it to cheap...."

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hate that your buyers keep falling through. I know it's frustrating, but if they are biting that hard, you shouldn't have any trouble landing one of 'em shortly.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, I'm one who hates leaving money on the table and it ended up $10K less than full asking price. Still, when the smoke cleared, the buyer is paying all the closing costs that I was being asked to pay before and I'm getting within $2K of what I would have. There's no bank involved, no more hoops to jump through, we close in 10 days, and I'm gonna run with it.

Last edited:

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
One thing I ran into a few years ago buying a house was that my mortgage lender approved everything, said it was good to go, and then at the very last minute had to have a lot more paperwork. Turns out their insurers turned up the heat on the on them. It all worked out but did irk me some to put it mildly. Hope this offer works out!

Last edited:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sounds good LR, hope you are able to get that other property as well... :)

Thanks nchawkeye! Our initial agreement was that I'd close sometime the first week in April pending the septic inspection. When the last deal went south my agent contacted the seller of the new property and explained the situation. Thankfully she agreed to wait for this closing to complete the sale. Turns out with the new sale I'll probably still be able to make it that week. I thought that was pretty cool...