Laid off

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone hiring?

Myself and 7 employees got laid off yesterday. I'm on the hunt for a new job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I was an account manager for a company called auto supply company. (ASCO) We sold car parts to installer garages and dealerships. The dealership division fell through bc of logistical problems on the delivery side and low profit margins.

I have my bs degree in recreation management and a minor in business management. Prior to this job I was a warehouse manager at a small sales company.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good luck finding one. I have a bs in business management and a minor in supply chain and couldn't find a job using it

dixie.tom

Twelve Pointer
Check out LinkedIn. I recently joined, and often see jobs listed in the triangle area.
Good luck!

I completely agree with the suggestions to join LinkedIn if you are not already on there. I was laid off a few years ago and I had numerous people tell me to join. Take your time setting up your profile. That is where I found my current job and honestly (I was in sales and actually had the sales manager from my biggest competitor contact me. Blessed to still have contacts from there email me regarding positions they have open. Good luck and hang in there. It can get stressful, but this time in your life will become a memory as you move forward.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I am sorry to read this.

I was asked this week if I could provide 7 people at the same Wake County site over the course of a 2-3 year contract, and I'm having trouble doing that on such short notice. I have no interest in dropping other contracts to pick up a new one. You are way overqualified.

Linkedin is ABSOLUTELY your friend!!! I hate you are getting such a late start on in. Do NOT treat it the same as facebook or twitter or this forum!

Before you create a profile, research (especially on Youtube) on what is important!! You're profile will be "scanned" over in a matter of seconds, and what people read is critical. DOn't just throw it together!!!

oteixeira

Four Pointer
Linked In is great for having jobs find you. Indeed.com is great for finding jobs. Everyone here is right. Treat Linked In like you are building a resume on a website, because, basically you are. Be careful, include keywords for what you do/are good at. Most recruiters on there use search algorithms and pick people to email not on their profile but on the words they used in it. Also, please please please use a professional head shot on there, it is not facebook.

Last edited:

NC Quailhunter

Six Pointer
That sucks. You might want to try Indeed.com. That site has a large amount of listings for positions. I hope your search is a short one.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Rambling man I got you're PM.... Thank you!

Hawkman, I do not have a commercial back ground in farming. I have worked and tended small farms my entire life. I am ready for some tomato sandwiches!

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
No worries... It was business... All I can do is move on to another job. Hopefully it's for the best!!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I would say just in time for turkey season but I know its stressful to be laid off good luck hope you find something soon maybe panful rainbows next weekend will lessen your worries

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I can't wait turkeyfoot! I'm heading to Cherokee to scout this afternoon. The tag tournament starts in the morning so I should have a pan full of rainbows tomorrow evening for dinner to lessen the pain!