Cottonwood Plantation

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone ever hunted at this place?

I have never heard of them but found their website today and it says Edgecombe, Nash and Halifax counties. I didn't realize there were hogs like this around here.
Anyway for those on here that are looking hog hunts this may be something to check out close to home.

Last edited:

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
Thats funny, I looked them up last week and couldn't find an address. Saw the ad on craigslist. I just moved to that area. Didn't realize hogs were here either.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
There are some hogs in Edgecombe. I knew a guy that had killed some in the past. He hunted near Tarboro, IIRC on the west side somewhere along US 64 and the Tar River.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had a good friend (now deceased from cancer) who owned a 117 acre tree farm on the Tar River in Edgecombe County near Leggett. You could actually see his land on a NC roadmap because it was bounded on 3 sides by the river. About 20 years ago he was sitting in a tree stand deer hunting and a "pig" he described as huge ran right under the stand. No livestock farms nearby. He discussed it with land owning neighbors and they were as surprised as he was.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I know there are pockets of hogs in western Edgecombe (east of Whitakers) too. Just in the last year or so, I have talked to some land owners that see sporadic crop damage. I have heard that some have been moving up along the Swift Creek drainage.