20 g long beard ammo

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Has anyone seen any? Advertised all over the place but I haven't seen it in any store.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
oh man, wish I had this info earlier - I drove by bass Pro and Green top today, expect one or the other would have had it

I know macks prairie wings had it, and midway may

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If you want some better find it quick it's the hot item this spring and from what I've read most are on back order looked at midway and macks both out of stock same with Basspro and Cabela's

DeerMechanic

man i would like to have some for my son. I got him a new 20 guage a few weeks back and it will be his first turkey hunt this spring season. We are so stoked!

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
oh man, wish I had this info earlier - I drove by bass Pro and Green top today, expect one or the other would have had it

I know macks prairie wings had it, and midway may

I don't necessarily need it I got heavy shot I use in the 20 plus I typically hunt with the 12g anyways. I have just seen such a saturation of advertising for it the last couple of months and am interesting to try it in my 20g. I haven't seen the first box of it and got to believe they blew the hype cause it ain't available anywhere. I'd pass up a box so deermechanic could get some for his kid or anyone else that needed it for a kid. I was more pointing out that despite what we have been told some ammo is still hard to find.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
I recall reading something that it was being sold at the NWTF show.

I am interested to see what the difference is between the Fed heavyweight #7's and the LB #6's.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have some on backorder whenever Macks & Cabelas gets it in.........they each said they were supposed to get some on 3/23 but they actually have no idea!

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Haven't saw any but I did get my order in for TSS 410 supplies

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Even in Wallyworld the shelves are getting empty. If it has a turkey on the box, it's being sold.

PG2

Ten Pointer
I have been reading some reviews on this round and they are not getting good reviews. A lot of them are saying that it seems as though Winchester just threw these out there because people were waiting for them.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I have some on backorder whenever Macks & Cabelas gets it in.........they each said they were supposed to get some on 3/23 but they actually have no idea!

My understanding is by 30th you should get them on way but you know how that goes

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My understanding is by 30th you should get them on way but you know how that goes

I bet you're right on that. 3/30 shipping means 4/something arrival so I'll just have to shoot my plain ole HW #7 again this year!!

Given that I'm lucky enough to get a shot that is!!

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I've never understood why stores wait till Feb to stock turkey ammo and other items on the shelves. I guess it has something to do with deer hunters waiting till the last minute to buy their turkey stuff.... :)

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Walmart in Washington had a few boxes on the shelf, not behind the counter. Tractor Supply had a lot of shotgun ammo but no turkey loads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Picked some up for my son's 20g. Gander mountain had a pretty decent amount the other week.

I have not been able to find it on Gander Mountain's website. I've had it on back-order at Cabela's for over a month with a projected ship date of 3/30. Just received an update this morning with a new projected ship date of 4/30. Maybe it'll be available for next year.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have not been able to find it on Gander Mountain's website. I've had it on back-order at Cabela's for over a month with a projected ship date of 3/30. Just received an update this morning with a new projected ship date of 4/30. Maybe it'll be available for next year

That's my story too!!

In addition to having it on b/o at Cabelas, I've also had a b/o at Macks.........I got an email from Macks last week saying they wouldn't be able to get any at all........:p

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, glory be!! :greenjump:

I just got a phone call from Macks saying they had just received a shipment of #5's and they're asking the people on their b/o list if they still want them!!

So I have 2 boxes coming and they said they'd call me when/if the #6's came in.

She said this delivery from Winc was a complete & total surprise!!

That's damn good customer service........I had never ordered from Macks before but they're now on my favorite list!

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well, glory be!! :greenjump:

I just got a phone call from Macks saying they had just received a shipment of #5's and they're asking the people on their b/o list if they still want them!!

So I have 2 boxes coming and they said they'd call me when/if the #6's came in.

She said this delivery from Winc was a complete & total surprise!!

That's damn good customer service........I had never ordered from Macks before but they're now on my favorite list!

Can you post a link to Macks? I'm not familiar with them.