Bone spur

kershawbuck

Six Pointer
My back started hurting me Sunday, by Monday left hip and leg was killing me! Broke down and went to emergency room and x-rays show I have a bone spur on L5. I had back surgery in 2010 on L4 S1 so I guess the friction caused the bone spu
Question is anyone have it and how do they deal with the pain!1

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I know several people that had bone spurs in their back and their Doc told them to use Salonpas patches
on their back for temporary relief while they waited for the epidural?shots to kick in.
They said the patches really helped.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Buddy of mine in the Army had a bone spur on his foot. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I believe he ended up getting it ground down. Hope you start feeling better pretty quick.

PG2

Ten Pointer
I had one too in L5-S1 along with a ruptured disk.... Surgery and an hour after the surgery I walked out with no pain...

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My opinion is that surgical removal will be your best bet, long term solution. Pain meds and injections mainly cover up the problem. If the spur is actually irritating your nerves, it will eventually damage the nerves beyond repair and could possibly kill them. That can affect many things concerning your mobility and quality of life.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
My opinion is that surgical removal will be your best bet, long term solution. Pain meds and injections mainly cover up the problem. If the spur is actually irritating your nerves, it will eventually damage the nerves beyond repair and could possibly kill them. That can affect many things concerning your mobility and quality of life.

Best response so far.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Surgical removal is the only way. it will not get better. Think of a needle sticking you. if you dont remove it it is gonna keep hurting and damaging. I broke my neck in 3 places in 96. 2 surgeries. Painful. but I will say i had a spur removed on my right shoulder 5 plus years ago and that was more painful than the neck surgeries. That grinding really makes everything sore. but no pain in right shoulder.

kershawbuck

Six Pointer
Well I met with the orthopedic guy today and got a huge shock, he said I did not have a bone Spur! But I do have to have back surgery to replace L-5 disc! Boy did Monroe hospital miss that diagnose!
Waiting on mri and they will schedule surgery after that.
No turkey season for me!