Cabelas Double Bull Blemished Blind Sale

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Online...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Primos-Smack-Down-Ground-Blind-Blemished/2493587.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dblinds

Last edited:

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
its not a double bull its a primos smackdown still not a bad price

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If anyone s looking for double bull the doublewide deluxe is on sale after rebate for 155 at Woodbury outfitters if anyone looking for one with room this should work if not mistaken the original price was up near 250

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Prices for the deluxe are commonly 399 it seems. Cabelas has it there, for example.
Woodbury has it sold out now. Ugh.
Amazon 296 Double Bull Dexluxe.
75 rebate is valid till April 30, 2017

hawkman

Eight Pointer
How high do you have to sit to see out the windows of some of these things? Some models seem to have low shooting windows. Other are much higher. If my boy and I are sitting on 3-legged stools, will that be ok?

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Also you can call Primos and they'll sell you a refurb if they have them in stock. I just bought 2 deluxes, still expensive but 1/2 price of a new one and same warranty from what I understand. I'll pay $200 for blind that lasts 10 years, last Ameristep I had lasted 2 seasons, in its defense the horses did decide to play soccer with it and my strutter decoy that was stored inside.

drum3rguy

Eight Pointer
I ordered one of these and it came in yesterday. This is only my 2nd experience with a blind, my first being a similar hub-style but much taller. I struggle to remember the name at the moment. I like the sturdy feel of the hub-rods, and it is very roomy inside.

I do like the fact that there is no velcro and the zippers are reasonably quiet. I do like that the 180 degree front window has a very wide range of positions from low to high(ish). In it's normal height, the main window is about 3' off of the ground, so low chairs or stools will be needed. I have a custom height barstool with a nice, padded, boat seat attached that I made for my old blind which was much taller. I will either need to cut the legs substantially, or just buy another seat altogether.

Getting it open for the first time was a little bit of a struggle, but it had been a while since I opened a hub-style blind and kind of forgot how to do it. Once opened, the inside has straps that allow you to tighten up the blind, making it more secure and less "flappy". However, you will need to remember to loosen the straps before taking it down, or it will not fold up properly (ask me how I know :cool:).

All in all, I hope to use it turkey hunting a little this year in the afternoon setting in a field waiting after some morning running and gunning. Just wanted to give a first impression from my first time with it.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I ordered one of these and it came in yesterday. This is only my 2nd experience with a blind, my first being a similar hub-style but much taller. I struggle to remember the name at the moment. I like the sturdy feel of the hub-rods, and it is very roomy inside.

I do like the fact that there is no velcro and the zippers are reasonably quiet. I do like that the 180 degree front window has a very wide range of positions from low to high(ish). In it's normal height, the main window is about 3' off of the ground, so low chairs or stools will be needed. I have a custom height barstool with a nice, padded, boat seat attached that I made for my old blind which was much taller. I will either need to cut the legs substantially, or just buy another seat altogether.

Getting it open for the first time was a little bit of a struggle, but it had been a while since I opened a hub-style blind and kind of forgot how to do it. Once opened, the inside has straps that allow you to tighten up the blind, making it more secure and less "flappy". However, you will need to remember to loosen the straps before taking it down, or it will not fold up properly (ask me how I know :cool:).

All in all, I hope to use it turkey hunting a little this year in the afternoon setting in a field waiting after some morning running and gunning. Just wanted to give a first impression from my first time with it.

How was he blemishs from what I heard they were only monor inside that flat black paint would cover I hav one coming this week thought would be good for youth hunts

drum3rguy

Eight Pointer
The blemishes were little spots on the inside where the coating was either thin or had flaked off. When I first opened it, the inside fabric was stuck together, like plastic sheets, but with just a little bit of tugging they came apart.

GLOCKMASTER

Eight Pointer
Mine arrived today and I set it up in the garage. A little black was missing from the inside but that's all I could see wrong with it.

Easy to setup, take down and it's not that heavy which will lend me to use it more.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Mine has a few spots that aren't even worth fixing IMO. A great deal even if the fabric isn't as nice as my DB Dark Horse.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They must have had a bunch of the blemished ones as they still have them for sale

May have to pick one up