Chuck Berry

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Did anybody hear that Chuck Berry died last weekend? As a pioneer of Rock and Roll, I thought that I might hear at least a small blurb on the news about his passing. He is definitely in my top 3 favorite musicians of all time. Any of the older folks here ever get to see him growing up?

spittinfire

Six Pointer
I did hear about this and as typically seen with a musician's passing I've been hearing a lot of his music lately.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
They had it on the news several times,talking about his music and how he still performed not long before his death.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I grew up in the rock n roll era and still like it today. I well remember Chuck from back in the 50's and have always enjoyed his music. He is rated as one of the best guitarists of all time..RIP Mr. Berry..

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
It was all over the news, internet, and social media last week.

One of if not the most influential guitar players of all time. If you like almost any kind of music that features a guitar chances are those players were influenced by Chuck or as in later generations influenced by someone who influenced by Chuck Berry.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Dang, I totally missed it. It was a total shock to me when pop said he heard one of the basketball announcers mention it last week. I apparently don't watch enough news.