Someone's Watching...Caught him on Camera

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
No one likes a thief. Fortunately for us, this one went on to lower hanging fruit. Not before smiling for our camera though! Our neighborhood has been somewhat hampered by car break ins.

My fiance insisted on one of these over the Holidays with all the home break ins. I thought she was paranoid. She was right, I'm glad she won that argument.

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/viewShared/1C701FB5218D8FE0_201703

Last edited:

23mako

Ten Pointer
Walked into a guy at 450 this morning who was tugging on car door handles and peering inside each car. He couldn't see me but I gave him a loud whistle and he ran off like a rocket.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was looking at those Arlo's and Arlo Pro's a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, they require a minimum upload speed that we don't quite have here. How do you like them?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great video, thanks a lot, now I've got to have an Arlo. I've been thinking about them for awhile since I have Verizon as my provider, now I'm obsessed again.

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
I was looking at those Arlo's and Arlo Pro's a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, they require a minimum upload speed that we don't quite have here. How do you like them?

My fiance loves it. I will say it works pretty well, and I've been impressed with the picture. Ours is mounted on a tree so wind can set it off a lot on really windy days. We got it before Christmas and had to replace the batteries for the first time at the beginning of the month. You can arm or disarm with your phone.

Nice,,,, any chance of identifying the perp
The picture wasn't bad. RPD took a copy of the video to give to their IT. He advised we share it around in case anyone recognizes him. The neighborhood had a meeting with RPD the other night about all the car break ins that have been going on, so maybe someone recognizes him.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
So are you guys not worried about the perp damaging the cameras? They don't look protected in any way? Or someone stealing it?

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
JONOV what part of Raleigh are you in? Wonder if it is the same SOB I saw early this morning.

Near 5 points. This happened about 2:45 AM.

The camera is somewhat out in the open, but that's half the point, that someone sees it and walks on. If they were to take the camera, there isn't an approach that wouldn't leave a view of them walking up and grabbing it, and they would need a step stool or a ladder.

ST8ER

Ten Pointer
I have 3 of these cameras set up since January 1st. I'm ordering a 4th. My batteries are all still 85% or better on all cameras. I do turn mine off when im working outside and when I let the dogs out. The app makes this very easy.

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Not that guy's first time at that. Notice that his hands are inside the sleeves of his jacket so he leaves no fingerprints.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
the PRO version has rechargeable cr123 batteries....would be nice...plus you can get a cam with voice and listening too.....caught a so called professional pet sitter not doing his job while we were on vacation a while back...I was able to tell HIM exactly when he came and left, not the bull that he fed me ...that paid for the whole system......it is easy to constantly move the cameras if you need to in order to fit your situation....

D1RICH1

Ten Pointer
No one likes a thief. Fortunately for us, this one went on to lower hanging fruit. Not before smiling for our camera though! Our neighborhood has been somewhat hampered by car break ins.

My fiance insisted on one of these over the Holidays with all the home break ins. I thought she was paranoid. She was right, I'm glad she won that argument.

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/viewShared/1C701FB5218D8FE0_201703

It's telling me your link expired

Gmontag

Four Pointer
If anyone is looking at these cameras, look into Ring cameras. They have the doorbell version, a floodlight version, and a regular camera version.