Anyone Bought a Metal Building Recently? Know The Brands..Good One?

Harpoon

Looking for one for a storage building, shop type setup.

I see there are quite a few mfgs out there and dont know the first thing about any of them.

Have any info to share?

Prices decent in this economy..... i.e: are they cutting deep discounts deals?

Thanks!

THHEAT

Twelve Pointer
Just got an 18 X 21 metal building about $3500 plus cement $1300. A roof, 8ft garage door and 36 walk thru door. Really love it. It met all state/city codes.

Ordered thru River City Motors 252-532-6046 & talk to Lin.
Tell him Ron told you to call.

Dave

My dad sells steel buildings on the side mostly for commercial use , I can say now with concrete and metal prices down it's a good time to buy . when the boom was happening concrete was more than the building in some cases .

jteam

Curious what the 30 x 30 run ya? You get a kit or do they install it?

Harpoon, check out Capital Buildings, www.capitalbuildings.net I found them in the Carolina Bargain Trader and they had decent prices. I emailed them with the extras and changes I wanted and got a quick reply from them too. I haven't bought yet cause I need to do some clearing first.

Last edited:

Harpoon

Thanks for that latest lead and the others.

Comparing prices.

On a side note: I have been looking at the metal storage bins and may buy a metal box like used on freight haulers to lock up my UTV and other hunting items I dont want to get stolen. Put it up on a hunt club lease we have.

Anyone use one and how secure?

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry it took me a while to see the response to my post. By the time I'm finished I'll have less than 17k in the entire building. That's 30x30 insulated with a 16x8 garage door, steel entry door, 6" monolithic slab with site prep, aggregate base and rebar along with grading and cutting in a drive.

Now that is a kit that I'll have to put together, but it's an easy assembly. Biggest problem so far for me being my own builder is getting folks lined up to do the grading and concrete work. Have the grading finished, but the concrete guy is dragging and it's driving me nuts. I'm wanting a very clean slab otherwise I'd do it myself and save a bunch of money. Just afraid if I do it it'll be fugly!